Can we have a forum for off-topic chatter?

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
Nordwest

Post by Nordwest »

So, Davidowitsch...

Most of us, I presume, do know the postings of "Uncle Bob" from another website, you too.

What does he do here, besides nitpicking, opening useless threads about very old, and gone, arguments.

I am feeling offended by his postings, he is just an presumptuous new user, who causes trouble in the backyard, without adding anything to this Forum at all.

Ich möchte das nicht weiter breittreten, ich kenne solche Typen reichlich!

Michael
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Well Michael, different folks have different reactions to Uncle Bob's writing style, ranging from amusement to annoyance. Just as folks have different reactions to your style or my style of posting.

True, he does tend to be a little... inquisitive...about Feldgrau's rules and such things, but let's cut him a little slack for now since he's new here and see what his posts are like in the future.

Best,
David
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
Nordwest

Post by Nordwest »

Accepted, David!

And in the same, a well known USER like Lorenz picks on a USER like HvM, for spam...

The dialog, chanted by Lorenz is just plain laughable. after more than 40(?) years of research, pickin on a youngster, by a veteran...

Absolut lächerlich, Lorenz! :down:

Every User here at Feldgrau shares, Helmut or Lorenz, if one can not stand this, what to say...

Boastfulness is no answer, this goes to the "all-knowing-geniuses"!

Michael
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Unfortunately, this is a very good example of the type of problems the moderators have to deal with. A poster didn't like the way a moderator handled his complaint, and rather than just accepting it, tried to point at how other people are attacked by fellow posters. Nothing to do with the issue at hand, this merely clouds the issue.

It has been said repeatedly, that if you have a problem with someone, contact a moderator. Use PMs. There is no need to discuss personal problems on the open board. Personal attacks on anyone simply because you don't like their style, or you don't think they contribute anything meaningful are unacceptable.

Just for the record, accusations of spamming are being looked into. There seems to be deeper issues than the spamming that will have to be addressed. That is all I will say on that, since any discipline or "friendly guidance" directed at a forum member is between the staff and that member.

Remember, praise in public, chastise in private.
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Quite right Tom, I've deleted my own post as being inapporiate. Even the Commissar can make a mistake. (Although I doubt this is true of Akira....)

Best,
David
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
Alex Coles
Associate

Post by Alex Coles »

And in the same, a well known USER like Lorenz picks on a USER like HvM, for spam...
And I suppose I don't even though i've said so in public :roll:

Please though, come on this topic will be locked eventually if it gets out of hand like this, with people throwing insults at eachother. Yes, I do not like Uncle Bob's writing style but really, all that matters is if the post he makes gets anything through.
Alex

(Also known as 17 SS)
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Taylor Collector wrote:Alex (17th SS) , Kevin (Helmut) , and me seem to have all been picked on because we are so young.
I can assure you that your age is not a factor. We have seen some posters on here who surprised us with their youth, and we have seen some chronological adults act like spoiled children. The age of the poster is immaterial. Really.

What is important is what is in the posts. I've made that point rather clear in a couple of PMs, and I thought I had cleared that up. Someone who makes only 3-4 well thought out statements or questions will be held in higher regard than someone who posts several hundred quips.

Anyway, I don't see why we allow members to discourage younger members from joining. They may be somewhat irratating, but nevertheless, so am I, and until you were all informed of my young age, I received no animosity. but now I do to an extent.
There may be some who think the young are irritating until they're about 35, but not around here. Nobody discourages youth from joining. Again, it is how one conducts oneself that matters. However, I just thought of something that might clarify the point.

Here, you are an unknown. Nobody can tell anything about you until you give the information. Now, say you walked into a room full of men and women ranging in age from their teens up into their late 80s. They were all talking about WWII. Would you just walk up and start shooting your mouth off? Or, would you listen to what these people were saying, first?
The young among us are the future of our hobby. You have to put up with them to have us continue.
Damned right! On the first half of that, anyway. On the other point, nobody has to put up with anybody if they don't want to! Using the scenario above, if you walked into that room and started being a pain in the gluteous maximus, you'd be asked to leave, wouldn't you? Well, it's just like that here. Show that you are here to learn, ask intelligent questions, and all will be well with the world. Start being the cause of irritated PMs to the moderators, and you will draw our wrath. That doesn't depend on age. :wink:
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

All, to rein things back a little, the thread BEST TANK IN WWII is where it is because the original poster made a pigs' abortion of phrasing the question/topic roflmao People who want information or are seeking to inspire discussion should put more thought into it......

phylo