I am new to this forum!

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
Timo
Patron

Post by Timo »

Well, he is one of the most knowledgable members of this forum. Perhaps you should follow Jock's advise and have a look at Christoph's website before you say anything about his knowledge regarding WW2.

http://www.wwiidaybyday.com/

Or perhaps you could check his previous postings. That way you might actually learn some facts about the German Army instead of continuing your annoying phantasies about the prestige of the Wehrmacht and more of your childish what-if scenarios :wink:
Former member
Wolfkin
Associate

Post by Wolfkin »

Hello!

Actually, he is correcting the teacher with a mistake!

Wehrmacht = German Armed Forces

The Wehrmacht contained the following branches:

Heer = German Army
Luftwaffe = German Air Force
Kriegsmarine = German Navy

Some would say, but this is still debated, that the Waffen SS would be the fourth branch but I will stay away from that controversy.

Cheers,

Wolfkin
Amateurs limit their study to either Tactics, Strategy or Logistics. Professionals study ALL THREE of these!!!
Herr Doktor
Contributor

Post by Herr Doktor »

2nd SS Matt wrote:
Have you ever seen a person go nazi because they were intrested in the Wehrmacht?
Yes, sadly I have. It has to start someplace, and for some an interest in the WWII German military is only the beginning. This does not mean it would happen to you, or to most people...

There is an interesting book that came out back in 1990 called "Quest, Searching for Nazi Germany's Past." The book is authored by Ib Melchior and Frank Brandenburg. This book is about how a young man (a German) became interested in his country's past, and began his quest to discover the truth about it for himself. He met quite a number of surviving military and Nazi leaders. And along the way had to deal with his own feelings of what he was becomming drawn to, and what this meant for him...

I recommend this book, in my opinion it would be well worth your time to read. You may consider checking at your library for it.

I will leave you with this quote from Friedrich Nietzsche:

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And when you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you."

Best of luck,

HD
Christoph Awender
Patron

Post by Christoph Awender »

Puh 2nd Panzer you really remind me of someone who disturbs this forum frequently.

I did not lable the Allies as dumb. But the key to wining the war was not one big one, But smaller (and still big) wars. One by one must these countries be knocked out. The distance of the way of life for these countries was to great for them to act useless Hitler attacked them (which he made the mistake of doing). Many experts say the Allies could not win the war if any of them had taken on Germany in a 1v1.
Fantasy, fantasy, fantasy!! You really think the world just watches when you invade one country after the other????? You honestly, seriously think that you can conquer the world one country after the other without any other countries to interfer????? This worked and would probably work to a certain extent but is as unrealistic ike you are a serious discussion partner.

Another question what if your above mentioned plans would work and you have conquered the oil reserves of the middle east??? You would now have to control a front which is not overlookable any more. With the naval forces you have available you wouldn´t be able to protect even 1% of the supply and transport routes (But I know you would have built the most powerfull navy of the world before!!!). Each and every country against you would have the chance to attack you anywhere, anytime. This would mean you would have to provide strong garrisons all over your territory. Of course you would need a unbelieveable strong army to efficiently protect all the places the enemy could attack (But of course you would have built the strongest army of the world before). Again your plans to conquer the world would just work in a computer game where politics and realism can be adjusted in the options menu. Get a life, learn your motherlanguage, stop messing around with adults and leave the forum.

\Christoph
Christoph Awender
Patron

Some would say, but this is still debated, that the Waffen SS would be the fourth branch but I will stay away from that controversy.
It is not possible to debate this! Hitler himself and the laws definately say that the SS was NO part of the Wehrmacht.

\Christoph
Wolfkin
Associate

Post by Wolfkin »

Hello Christoph!

Thank you for clearing this up! I remember a debate some time ago where someone (forget who) stated that the Waffen SS could be considered a fourth branch of the Wehrmacht. Perhaps this was just their opinion.

Cheers,

Wolfkin
Amateurs limit their study to either Tactics, Strategy or Logistics. Professionals study ALL THREE of these!!!
Christoph Awender
Patron

Wolfkin wrote:Hello Christoph!

Thank you for clearing this up! I remember a debate some time ago where someone (forget who) stated that the Waffen SS could be considered a fourth branch of the Wehrmacht. Perhaps this was just their opinion.

Cheers,

Wolfkin
Well, as long as he said "can be considered" it is up to his interpretation. Several official documents and orders clearly show the partition between the SS-VT, Waffen-SS from the Wehrmacht.
Just an example from an original secret document from Adolf Hitler.
17.August 1938
[...] Die SS-Verfügungstruppe ist weder ein Teil der Wehrmacht noch der Polizei. Sie ist eine stehende bewaffnete Truppe, die zu meiner ausschließlichen Verfügung [...]
2nd SS Panzer Das Reich
Supporter

Post by 2nd SS Panzer Das Reich »

Timo wrote:Well, he is one of the most knowledgable members of this forum. Perhaps you should follow Jock's advise and have a look at Christoph's website before you say anything about his knowledge regarding WW2.

http://www.wwiidaybyday.com/

Or perhaps you could check his previous postings. That way you might actually learn some facts about the German Army instead of continuing your annoying phantasies about the prestige of the Wehrmacht and more of your childish what-if scenarios :wink:
He does have a cool website I will give him that.
Wehrmacht: men of courage
Timo
Patron

Post by Timo »

You're such a generous child.
Former member
2nd SS Panzer Das Reich
Supporter

Post by 2nd SS Panzer Das Reich »

Timo wrote:You're such a generous child.
I am not a child I am a "teen" (as I am labled in America) and under American law I am a so called minor.
Wehrmacht: men of courage
Timo
Patron

Post by Timo »

I'm forwarding a personal opinion, not American laws.
Former member
Nibelung
Patron

Post by Nibelung »

2nd SS Panzer Das Reich wrote:
Timo wrote:You're such a generous child.
I am not a child I am a "teen" (as I am labled in America) and under American law I am a so called minor.
Maybe that's the problem; you "teens" are to wise for your age. The dictatorship of child's and teen's rights are a real problem nowadays. You talk when you should listen. :?

Nibelung
There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people. - Heinz Guderian
-- Sine doctrina vita est quasi mortis imago. --
Richard Hedlund

Post by Richard Hedlund »

Wow, calm down a little. You call yourselves adults who can discuss a historical matter in a proper manner. That is not what I think when I read your most insulting comments to 2SSPDR.

Indeed, I think that 2SSPDR need to read up a lot about the Wehrmacht (and the rest of Nazi German history), and remember that no army is invincible. 2SSPDR: read this site, Axis History and Christoph's site (a real good site, thanks Chistoph for your help about the 3rd Panzer in France).

The rest of you, and me, welcome 2SSPDR and teach him something, in a nice manner since that is far better than any other way, and be glad that there is a US teen who study history rather than spending his days steeling drugs.
Beppo Schmidt
Associate

Post by Beppo Schmidt »

Maybe that's the problem; you "teens" are to wise for your age. The dictatorship of child's and teen's rights are a real problem nowadays. You talk when you should listen.
I'm not going to name any names, but some of the teenagers on this forum and AHF are more intelligent and open-minded than the self-proclaimed "adults".
Timo
Patron

Post by Timo »

Richard Hedlund wrote:The rest of you, and me, welcome 2SSPDR and teach him something, in a nice manner
...I'd love to, but one can hardly say he is very open to different opinions and the knowledge of some of the experts here. This is the first time I heard somebody suggest there should be an "ignore button" to prevend Christoph from sharing his information, let alone that a 15 year old kid tells Christoph that his knowledge about WW2 is very little.
Former member