Are there specific guidleines for the forum?

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
Einsamer_Wolf
Banned

Are there specific guidleines for the forum?

Post by Einsamer_Wolf »

I perused the FAQ section of this forum. Other than stipulating that no racist comments are allowed, there do not seem to be any other guidelines? Ought there be?

EW
Mögen die Flammen unserer Begeisterung niemals zum Erlöschen kommen.
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

This is written on the page you must agree to before becoming a member. This combinded with the FAQ and common sense should provide enough of a guideline. Do you think we need more?

Welcome to the online message forum for the Feldgrau.com research community!

This forum is for the research of military topics directly related to the German armed forces between 1918-45. This forum is an apolitical site.

While the webmaster/admin and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. By joining this forum you acknowledge that it is not the intent of this forum or the webmaster/admin of Feldgrau to provide a place for those with intolerant or racists views. You also acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the webmaster/admin or moderators (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster/admin and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered being stored in a database. This information will not be disclosed to any third party.
Patrick
Enthusiast

Post by Patrick »

This combined with the FAQ and common sense should provide enough of a guideline. Do you think we need more?
I don't think we do. We've had some, shall we say, disruptive individuals as of late, but they were eventually removed. Otherwise, I think nearly everyone else here behaves.
Cheers,

Patrick

When I was single, I had three theories on raising children. Now I have three children and no theories.
Einsamer_Wolf
Banned

Post by Einsamer_Wolf »

Patrick wrote:
This combined with the FAQ and common sense should provide enough of a guideline. Do you think we need more?
I don't think we do. We've had some, shall we say, disruptive individuals as of late, but they were eventually removed. Otherwise, I think nearly everyone else here behaves.
No I do not think we need more guidelines. I was thinking though about how the small handful who against or neutral on banning Pupper Dog questioned how he actually violated the forum guidelines as written. I am not sure how I would phrase the charge against him, but the Pup still needed to be put to sleep. The werid thing ws that he tried to interwine irrelevant matters in subjects that, though bizaree, were tenuously related to the subject of this forum.

EW
Mögen die Flammen unserer Begeisterung niemals zum Erlöschen kommen.
Robert Rojas
Supporter

RE: Are There Specific Guidelines For The Forum?

Post by Robert Rojas »

Greetings to Chairman Pipes, his august lieutenants and the community as a whole. Well sir, in reference to your now vintage posting of Monday - September 20, 2004 - 8:23am, old Uncle Bob is curious IF there have been any addendums or amendments to this organization's guidelines since the genesis of this particular thread. Apart from your unambiguous prohibition with abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening and sexually-orientated materials, is there any administrative edict OR edicts which specifically establishes ironclad parameters on the nature and timeline of any bona fide topic of interest? In otherwords, is the resurrection of an "old" thread and its associated topic officially frowned upon by the forum's powers-that-be? Along a similar vein, would there be any limitations upon a thread's content even if that particular thread fell within the historical period of 1918 through 1945? Finally, on a purely incidental matter, does the Feldgrau Forum retain a formal definition on what technically constitutes a topical "contribution" to this organization? Once again, thank you in advance for entertaining my pointed inquisitiveness. Well, that's my initial two cents worth on this adminstrative topic - for now anyway. As always, I would like to bid you an especially copacetic day down in Baghdad-By-The-Bay.
"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it" - Robert E. Lee
John W. Howard

Uncle Bob

Post by John W. Howard »

Hello Uncle Bob:
Jason would be the guy to ask about any changes in his guidelines; to my knowledge there have been no changes. There is no prohibition against re-starting an old thread provided the new information is relevant. There is no prohibition against threads dealing with 1918-1945 provided, once again, they are relevant. A topical posting would be one that deals with subject matter covered on this site; if there is doubt, a PM to Jason or the Mods could clear things up for you. Every once in awhile we let postings which are technically off-topic slide by, such as the recent one dealing with the weaponry of the Bundeswehr; and let existing threads move off-topic, such as one of our recent tank threads, which moved into a discussion of modern armor. In the scheme of things, they do no harm, have good info in them, and are of interest to other members. We do not want to make a habit of that though, because it would be all too easy to drift away from the purpose of this site. I hope I have helped. Best wishes.
John W. Howard