Search found 803 matches

by Brian67
Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:39 am
Forum: Comments and Suggestions
Topic: I'm back!
Replies: 2
Views: 3420

I'm back!

I don't know why I get the honor, that my bann had an end yesterday. :D
I still don't know why I was banned after a intensive time here in the forum, but however: I'm back!
by Brian67
Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:50 am
Forum: Veterans and vet info
Topic: Time's running out
Replies: 4
Views: 1579

Willhelm Gruber II wrote:hahaha brian for some reason that amused me

(if you cant speak english look below)

hahaha brian aus irgendeinem Grund, das mich unterhielt
I can speak English, but I didn't know how to say it in English :wink:
by Brian67
Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:35 am
Forum: General WWII German Military Discussion
Topic: So what did the German soldier eat?
Replies: 5
Views: 4347

Mobius wrote: I could not find the term Zwiepack in my German dictionary...Is it Zwieback (dry biscuits) that you were refering to?
Yes, for sure!
by Brian67
Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:16 am
Forum: Campaigns and Battles
Topic: Demjansk
Replies: 8
Views: 2554

Re: Demjansk

rayman wrote::?: Hi All!
I after any info regarding the batlle of Demjansk, especially in regards to the 3rd SS TK division. Any maps etc would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Rayman.
Can you read German? Then read "Der Kessel im Eis".
by Brian67
Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:44 am
Forum: Veterans and vet info
Topic: Time's running out
Replies: 4
Views: 1579

Re: Time's running out

Just a suggestion to the children and grandchildren, if for some reason or another you have had a falling out with your Papa or Grossvater put your differences aside and visit him, don't call him on a stupid telephone, but visit him and give him a hug and tell him you love him,Ich Liebe Dich.He is ...
by Brian67
Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:42 am
Forum: General WWII German Military Discussion
Topic: Translator
Replies: 5
Views: 1075

Re: Translator

Christof you really need to have a word to your translator,even get your money back if you can because if you need another forum member to explain what the hell I'm saying it's time to take action,besides I'm sure the other members have other things to do besides explaining things to you. :D Munche...
by Brian67
Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:54 am
Forum: Soldatenheim
Topic: Swastika-Hakenkreutz
Replies: 60
Views: 12836

It's Hakenkreuz without a "t".
by Brian67
Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:52 am
Forum: Soldatenheim
Topic: Hitlers Personal Secretary
Replies: 7
Views: 1623

Re: Hitlers Private Secretary

munchener wrote:I'll rephrase my statement, She knew more than she was telling . :D Munchener
And? Where's the difference if she cant' tell it anymore?
In German you say "Sie nahm ihr Geheimnis mit ins Grab."
It's possible, that it is also true for Traudl, but is it important?
Vorbei ist vorbei!
by Brian67
Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:39 am
Forum: Soldatenheim
Topic: Hitlers Personal Secretary
Replies: 7
Views: 1623

No, she can't. She died Feb 11th 2002 in Munich.
by Brian67
Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:36 am
Forum: Photographs
Topic: Who rests in this tomb?
Replies: 13
Views: 3927

Jason Pipes wrote: in the south of Germany.
Yes, it is in Württemberg.
by Brian67
Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:03 am
Forum: General WWII German Military Discussion
Topic: Heimatland
Replies: 4
Views: 920

Re: Heimatland

Could somebody please supply <if there is one>the address and opening times of a Memorial in Munchen I can go to pay my respects to the German soldier.I,m only making an enquiry to this for when I come to visit mein Heimatland.I noticed the Japanese recently, albeit causing some controversy honoure...
by Brian67
Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:57 am
Forum: Translation Requests
Topic: POW
Replies: 2
Views: 987

Re: POW

Thanks Sven, all I have is a migration document of my fathers which states 1941-1945 German Army and underneath is 1945-1947 POW in Russia if someone can elaborate more on these dates I would muchly appreciate it. :D Munchener It's a little strange for me to read a posting like this. The relation f...
by Brian67
Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:54 am
Forum: Translation Requests
Topic: Beschafttigungen
Replies: 3
Views: 1102

Mobile Infantry wrote:I guess the german text is "Bis 1947 Wehrmacht und anschließende Gefangenschaft". Translated this means:
Untill 1947 Wehrmacht and following POW"
I think the same, but it should be 1945!
by Brian67
Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:59 am
Forum: General WWII German Military Discussion
Topic: The German People
Replies: 10
Views: 1586

Re: The German People

munchener wrote:In his pre war speeches Hitler spoke of loyalty the German people have for each other and their country,is this still the case or did the war alter these great qualities. :D
Why do you believe Hitler's speeches?
by Brian67
Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:23 pm
Forum: SS/Waffen-SS
Topic: SS in France,, help please
Replies: 16
Views: 4523

Re: SS units

Bittrich wrote: I imagine that the Totenkopf Division (3rd SS) was in France for refitting because I do not recall them being used in combat.
That's right, Bittrich. After leaving the pocket of Demjansk 3rd SS came to the south of France for refitting.
In 1940 they fought in the north of France.