Peter Neumann and the Black March

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Rohrbach
Supporter

Peter Neumann and the Black March

Post by Rohrbach »

Hi,

I asked the resident experts and enthusiasists on the SS forum about Peter Neumann and his book a week ago, but I haven't gotten any answers. Is there anybody out there in the general reading public who can give me the skinny on Peter Neumann? Is he legit or making things up?

Thanx
Rohrbach
Jussi
Supporter

Post by Jussi »

As I remember Peter Neumann has been hauled and flogged on this forum as a writer of a work of pure fiction. I think that was before the "new" forum.
Herr Doktor
Contributor

Post by Herr Doktor »

Hallo:

Peter Neumann's book "The Black March" is interesting but reads just like a work of fiction. I don't believe it's real. This is the only WWII book written by this author that I know of.

Regards,

HD
Wiking5th
Contributor

Post by Wiking5th »

I read the book many years ago. I enjoyed it, but would have to agree that it seems more like fiction than fact. To me even more so than "Forgotten Soldiers". Some of these authors should do like Russ Schneider and just say that the tales are loosely base on various actual happenings. I found his two books very good, even knowing they were fiction accounts, but had some small basis in fact.
Wiking5th