Fallschirmjäger sobre el Gran Sasso

Book discussion and reviews related to the German military.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Paddy Keating

Fallschirmjäger sobre el Gran Sasso

Post by Paddy Keating »

This short book, written by Oscár Gonzáles López, whom we know as Oscár G on the forums, and published by the Spanish imprint Quiron Ediciones, is without doubt one of the best accounts I have read of the Gran Sasso operation and some of the key players involved in it. Oscár sent me a letter detailed various errata but I have to say that the errata are due to misprints and editing rather than Oscár's writing. I am fortunate in being able to read Spanish and all I can tell those of you who have no Spanish is that the sooner this book is translated into English - by someone who knows what they are doing rather than first idiot who tenders the lowest estimate to the publishers - the better!

PK
Óscar G

Post by Óscar G »

Thanks for your kind words, Paddy. In fact, my research aims to be a small contribution to the "Fallschirmjäger research world". There are just few books which try to take the "Skorzeny myth" to pieces, so to say. In my humble opinion, the Gran Sasso operation showed some features which can be also seen in other "chapters" of the war (from then on), I mean: the tension with the Waffen SS and Hitler´s "bet" on them, no matter who objects...
As for the translation, it seems that the Spanish publisher has sold the rights to Casemate Books (USA) and Greenhill Books (UK). It may be published in English by the first one very soon (July...).
http://www.casematepublishing.com/cgi/t ... 9496016917
One more time, thanks again for your help, Paddy, and best regards to everyone.
Óscar G
statemachine
Contributor

Fallschirmjager sobre el Gran Sasso

Post by statemachine »

December.Looking forward to it.
An unbreakable man