"The Black March"

German SS and Waffen-SS 1923-1945.
svn

"The Black March"

Post by svn »

I'm interested to gain any comment on "The Black March"; author Peter Neumann. Originally published in French with title "SS!" in 1958. Translated by Constantine FitzGibbon and published in England in 1958 with the title, "Other Men's Graves". Followed by publication in the U.S. with title "The Black March". I am curious if anyone has information on the identity of the author, claimed to have been a junior officer in the Viking Division. All comments appreciated.
Herr Doktor
Contributor

Post by Herr Doktor »

Personally, I don't believe a word of it. This book makes an ok novel, but to have it presented as fact... ? An interesting story, but I doubt it is real due to the way it was written, what was included in the story, etc.

HD
svn

Post by svn »

I think there is a core of truth in it. But there are descriptions that come across as exaggerations. Perhaps the manuscript was edited and added to for "sensationalism". The book was reviewed as a true memoir in 1959. But what I am looking for here is anyone who might have some information on the author's identity.
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

I think if you do a search you will find many postings on this topic!