Can't identify uniform

A place to post photographs and to ask about photographic research.

Moderator: sniper1shot

wil

Can't identify uniform

Post by wil »

We have been trying to identify this uniform and have been unsuccessful. Does anyone recognize the collar insignias?
Attachments
uniform picture.jpg
uniform picture.jpg (93.25 KiB) Viewed 6180 times
wil

Re: Can't identify uniform

Post by wil »

wil wrote:We have been trying to identify this uniform and have been unsuccessful. Does anyone recognize the collar insignias?
Sorry, I should have mentioned that I was told my father was part of a panzer unit, but I can't find any uniforms that resemble this one. I have asked a number of people to help indentify this and have been told it's from WW1 (even though I know my dad was in WW11) and someone else said it was the postal police. I can't find anything to back that up either. I am sure if anyone can identify it, it will be someone from this site. Thanks for looking.
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Is it definitely German? I spent a good hour trying to find that emblem, but couldn't. Anything to narrow down the search! :D
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
B Hellqvist
Contributor

Post by B Hellqvist »

Looks like insignia for an employee at the railroads. Doesn't look German, though.
wil

Post by wil »

Tom Houlihan wrote:Is it definitely German? I spent a good hour trying to find that emblem, but couldn't. Anything to narrow down the search! :D
He is definitely German and this photograph was taken in Germany. I wish I had more information to give you but I thank you very much for the time you spent looking.
Die Blechtrommel
Supporter

Post by Die Blechtrommel »

B Hellqvist wrote:Looks like insignia for an employee at the railroads. Doesn't look German, though.
I vote for railroads, also.

Cheers
Juha-Pekka :wink:
“Die Blechtrommel trommelt noch !!“
storm39
Supporter

Post by storm39 »

This insignia, I think, is exactly like that for the Straßenbahn. The lightning flashes presumably indicated that they are electrified. I don't think you see those on the Reichsbahn.

I've since found this link

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/ ... p?t=512561

there is a link to a photo at the bottom of the page.
wil

Post by wil »

Hello Storm39,

This is Wil's wife as I am taking care of this for him. On behalf of both of us, I would like to thank you so much for your time and effort. We have done some more investigation and have confirmed Wil's father did work on a street trolley in Germany after the war. Without your assistance we never would have found the answers and we can't thank you enough. :D :D :D

The members of this site are very generous with their time and knowledge and we thank all of you.

Sincerely,
Robin
storm39
Supporter

Post by storm39 »

Hi Robin

I'm pleased I was able to help.