Prisoner of war interrogation reports 1945-46

German SS and Waffen-SS 1923-1945.
Regiment Norge
Supporter

Prisoner of war interrogation reports 1945-46

Post by Regiment Norge »

Hi folks!

I am in posession of several prisoner of war interrogation reports (PWIS). These reports was carried out by british Security Unit 108 by Captain Francis and Foley at Akershus fortress in Norway between 1945-46. All british members of this unit was counter intelligence officers.

Through PWIS-reports the british investigated into several issues during the occupation on Norway. Highranking members of the german SD and also political prisoners under Reichskommissariat Norwegen was interrogated, among them several members of the SD that later was executed for war-crimes in Norway.

Here you can find information og german FAT/FAK (Front-Aufklärungs-Truppe/Kommando), units deployed behind enemy lines. Counter intelligence information through investigation on Abwehr officials and SD officials. The head of Germanische Leitstelle gives his explanation on his job recruiting norwegians, swedes and finns to the eastern front. Difficulties between german officials and norwegian NS-party officials.

Some of these reports are in a bad condition, so the plan is to "save them" by typing them off into a word document. Unfortunately I am not in the posession to do this alone and I am asking Feldgrau members if they are willing to help me in this matter?

The distribution list to these reports are interesting, but they are missing in the National Archives in Kew/UK. Unfortunately over 100 PWIS-reports are still classified by the norwegian military intelligence and are not available, mainly post-use of german agents and vital information of personell who were russian experts.

I use Microsoft Word for PC or Mac.

Fonts to be used: Verdana size 12.

Do send me a PM through Feldgrau and I will contact you in this matter and send scanned images of the original document.

I will later post some of these documents here because they are of big interests.
Regiment Norge
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Re: Prisoner of war interrogation reports 1945-46

Post by John P. Moore »

Rgt. Norge - I believe that you have a very good idea here, but I have not seen a single response posted from any member here. Has anyone contacted you to help with the word processing task_

John
Regiment Norge
Supporter

Post by Regiment Norge »

Hi!

Yes I have received several request and PWIS are sent to them.
Regiment Norge
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Just for the record, I'd be more than willing, more so if any of them reflected Nord!

However, my project list is well behind where it ought to be. There's just no way I could take on anything else right now. Regardless of how much I'd like to... :?
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Regiment Norge
Supporter

Post by Regiment Norge »

Hi!

Several of these reports are in a bad condition, they can hardly be read on paper and when scanning those documents they are impossible to read on the PC monitor.

Its just a matter of time when these reports vanishes as the typing are beginning to fade away. But nearly 139 reports needs to be written off in word, this project is to big to handle just by me...
screen-capture-8.jpg
screen-capture-8.jpg (233.46 KiB) Viewed 3225 times
Regiment Norge