Uniforms

General WWII era German military discussion that doesn't fit someplace more specific.
Annelie
Patron

Uniforms

Post by Annelie »

Came across a most interesting person a Hero from Vietnam "Larry Dring"
Larry was never known for being in proper uniform. His uniform in the photos is a mix of Sears, French and Vietnamese. The cap is a Sears’s camouflage that he used to refer to as "Duck Hunter." Many times, Larry would wear a French Army bush hat with a French ATAP (Metro) airborne crest affixed to the right crown. His jacket is a French Para lizard-pattern camouflage while his pants are Vietnamese tiger stripes. He'd bought the French bush hat and jacket, along with the IJA mess kit, in Saigon.

I have seen photos of Larry wearing a WWII German Fallschirmjaeger smock/jacket in the style of the French Paras who served at Dien Bien Phu, Vietnam early on.

Could this have happened during WWII in the German Wehrmacht at least later on in the war?
For me wearing a uniform that is distinquishable for the country means that I could recogonize the enemy?
Annelie

Re: Uniforms

Post by nebelwerferXXX »

Stalingrad 1942:
A battalion of German infantry wearing Soviet uniforms & carrying Soviet automatic rifles were wiped out in ambush...

Ardennes 1944:
The German SS-150th Panzer Brigade wears American uniforms. Many of them were captured as 'Spies' & shot by firing squad...