Feldwebel Josef Kastner

German Luftwaffe 1935-1945.
D_Dutch
Supporter

Feldwebel Josef Kastner

Post by D_Dutch »

Hello,

A few days ago I bought a few documents about Josef Kastner, a Unteroffizier and later a Feldwebel in the Luftwaffe.
It appears that this man has served in quite remarkable units, because I can't find any information about them!

The first document states that he behaved good during his "Dienstzeit", I know what it means, I only forgot the English translation for it! :oops:
Josef was still a Obergefreiter during that time.
Of special interrest is the unit, "Luftfernsprech-Ersatz-Komp. 5/14", I could not find any information about this unit.
What did those guys who were in that unit? Were they translators?
Foto 1.jpg
The second document is just one big mystery to me, maybe someone could say more about it with help from his Feldpost number, L 37 524.
Foto 2.jpg
Foto 2 B.jpg
Also, the third document, that is handwritten, is not readable for me, are there any people who can read Sutterlin?
It is dated, the 27th of december, 1939.
The letter is adressed to mr. Holthaus, who was Direktor/Leiter of the Allgemeinen Ortskrankenkasse für den Kreis Unna.
Foto 3.jpg
Foto 3 B.jpg
D_Dutch
Supporter

Re: Feldwebel Josef Kastner

Post by D_Dutch »

A promotion document of Josef Kastner, who was being promoted to a überzahligen(?) Feldwebel d.R. (?)
During this time he was with the Fliegerhorstkompanie 6/VI.
Again, I could not find any information about this unit!
Foto 4.jpg
Next is a document of Discharge by the US Seventh Army, dated the 19th of June, 1945.
Weird that the document stated that Kastner belonged to the Heer.
Foto 5.jpg
Furthermore, a couple of other documents stated the he had to go to the D.A.D.
Could anyone explain what this is ?

I hope everyone finds the documents as interresting as me!
And hopefully there are people who can give more information! :wink:

With kind regards,

Koen.