Canadian or Cuban members of this forum

A place for off-topic posts not related to this website. All messages are purged frequently.
Beershark
Supporter

Canadian or Cuban members of this forum

Post by Beershark »

Hi,

Do we have many Canadian or Cuban members of this forum ? I have a special question to put to either/both ?

Cheers.
statemachine
Contributor

Re: Canadian or Cuban members of this forum

Post by statemachine »

Shoot.Canuck.
An unbreakable man
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

statemachine wrote:Shoot.Canuck.
Are they in season??

Sorry, couldn't resist. :wink:
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Beershark
Supporter

Post by Beershark »

statemachine wrote:Shoot.Canuck.
Hi,

I am going to Cuba for two weeks next month and want to do a bit of research on the Island. There exists a very good website called www.cubamania.com/cuba that seems to exist solely for the purpose of obtaining info/ exchanging messages etc. with those that have been there etc.etc.etc. For some reason Brits** seem unable to get their applications to register authorised by the normal return email from the forum, so can only read the forum and not send threads. From what I have read it seems to me that a special relationship seems to exist between Canada and Cuba, since many threads have been submitted by Canucks re their holidays there or businesses etc. I was especially interested to read many emails from your countrymen/women who, on a rolling monthly scheduled basis, suggest meeting up with other visitors. Having lived in Canada for some while, I am up for going on a Havanan bar crawl with a bunch of ice hockey fans, so would like to be able to get "on board" the Cubamania forum. Would it be possible for you to see if you can register, and maybe even send a thread querying as to why Brits seem presently unable to register ? It would be very helpful for me if this could be done.
Cheers, Steve Lyden-Brown, St. Albans, UK [email protected]
Annelie
Patron

Post by Annelie »

seems to me that a special relationship seems to exist between Canada and Cuba
Yes, there is. Its a very inexpensive place to travel and visit...that is the relationship.
Annelie

Post by Beershark »

Annelie wrote:
seems to me that a special relationship seems to exist between Canada and Cuba
Yes, there is. Its a very inexpensive place to travel and visit...that is the relationship.
No, I don't think that it is simple as that. Firstly, Cuba is no longer inexpensive. All the visitors I have spoken to, and the "Rough Guide", agree that costwise it is now on a par with similar European holiday venues. Secondly, the CubaMania website shows more posts to it's forum from Canadians than all the other nationalities put together. Admittedly this latter point does not necessarily prove that any "special relationship" exists, but the content of the messages submitted by Canadians wishing to go on holiday, buy houses, set up businesses, looking for Cuban partners etc.etc.,etc. give me to believe that perhaps both nations have established "Favoured nation" status with each other. Moreover, it is abundantly clear to anyone that Canada serves (and why not ) to provide a medium for goods/services/outlets etc. that the stupid American embargo prevents from being obtained in Cuba and V.V.
Annelie
Patron

Post by Annelie »

Cuba to Canadians still is very inexpensive,

http://www.escapes.ca/?gclid=CKbivKO8-ZUCFRoSFQodFHYNFg

some people I know go at least once a year or more mainly because this. Cuba also targets Canada for tourism.
My choice of vacation is Europe so IMHO an European vacation isn't on the same level as Cuba.

http://www.gocuba.ca/en/travelTips.asp

http://www.afrocubaweb.com/travelcuba.htm
Annelie