more threads?

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
Dragunov
Associate
Location: Ottawa, The True North Strong And Free (and rather cold)

more threads?

Post by Dragunov »

hey all!

what do you guys think of making a thread for non ww2 military history, y'know, the stuff that would usually get lost in Soldatenheim? 'cause it's pretty packed down there. hmmm, it mightn not grow so well, so maybe we could throw some other categories in there...

just a thought!

Dragunov
When Stalin says "Dance" a wise man dances.- Nikita Kruschev
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Hey Dragunov!
...making a thread for non ww2 military history
:shock:

Well, why don't (someone) make a [new/other] Forum for non WWII Military History? :wink:

I would support that any day in the week! :up:

WWII related regards,

Krollspell 8)
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
Dragunov
Associate

Post by Dragunov »

nah, keep the feldgrauians in Feldgrau :wink:

less places to check and... there's probably one out there anyhoo.
Robert Rojas
Supporter

RE: More Threads?

Post by Robert Rojas »

Greetings to both cousin Dragunov and the community as a whole. Well sir, in light of your introductory posting of Saturday - May 05, 2007 - 9:53pm, old Uncle Bob was curious if the subsequent creation of the VERBOTEN - OFF TOPIC CONTENT section of the forum was an incidental offshoot from your pointed inquiry. From what I can observe, the VERBOTEN - OFF TOPIC CONTENT section of the forum covers a whole potpourri of topics and I can see no practical reason why the discussion of military history that is other than Second World War in outlook should be expressly frowned upon. In deference to the proponents of Feldgrauian orthodoxy, I personally cannot see why the inclusion of such nontraditional military discussion could not peacefully coexist with traditional Second World War discussion. After all, variety is the spice of life. Well, that's my initial two Yankee cents worth on this not so unimportant topic of interest - for now anyway. In anycase, I would like to bid you an especially copacetic day up in your corner of the GREAT WHITE NORTH of Anglophonic speaking Canada - EH!?
"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it" - Robert E. Lee
Dragunov
Associate

Post by Dragunov »

well, if i follow correctly, the creation of the Verboten section had nothing to do with my suggestion (but I can't say for sure, but i can say that it's not really of importance) , but i suppose it all could fit there.

cheers to you, sir!
Dragunov