Not All Australians are Crazy...or Are They lol

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Willhelm Gruber II
Contributor

Not All Australians are Crazy...or Are They lol

Post by Willhelm Gruber II »

this is not trying to score points but to just set the record straight

First of all i would like to point out, that a certain member who has everyone of guard about david hicks and other such topics is NOT Australian, so could we please keep the insults about my beloved homland back

Second i dont know where this guy gets his facts from but we DONT hate Americans, We share a speacial bond with them, because as was pointed out they helped defend us from the might of the imperial japenese army, we also do not hate the British as this member also said

Third our Defence force is small, not because America is defending us, but because out troops are the best of the best, they are superb at fighting in Australian conditions hence why they are a DEFENCE force

Fourth this certain member is crazy, he says Americans are patsy's to the Jews, but then call others nazi's....am i missing somthing here

Fifth i says he doesnt like torture, tell that to the innocent engineers and such being tortured and be-headed then the footage being aired on tv, tell those ones that thats not right, they will laugh at you right before you lose your head

finally, how can somone who belives these sought of things be interested in the German Millitary which is riddled with such political baggage

in closing he is not an Aussie, i am America good, him bad

p.s my uncle who fought in the desert and the Pacific (for Australia) would not think the yanks where bad, so what right do you have

-Willie
(proud Aussie Patriot)
"Gott Mit Uns"
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Willie, trust me. The majority of us don't judge all of any nation by the people we meet here, unless it's in a good way!

I'm fortunate enough to have been to Oz twice. I was treated very graciously on both trips. I was surprised at how friendly the folks around Perth/Fremantle were.

Truth be told, when I heard about the female/male ratio there, I thought seriously about if not emigrating, then spending a LOT of time there! You see, back about 20-25 years ago, I would have gone someplace with that many babes walking around!!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Australians really don't need defending on this or any other Board!!!! Every Australian I've encountered on the Boards in the last decade--even the ones I disagree with politically--has been a Gentleman and willing to argue without using insults.

It's those Americans and the assorted Euro-trash that deserve condemnation!
:D :D :D :wink:

Very Best,
David
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

It's those Americans and the assorted Euro-trash that deserve condemnation!
Dave- you DO realise that could be interpreted as ALL Americans but only SOME Europeans??? :D :D :D
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Scott Revell
Contributor

Post by Scott Revell »

Yes I have to agree that we are not crazy. I thought I would post this important point before I go out this morning covered in Peanut Butter, Wrapped in Glad wrap shouting out 'There are no Kangaroos in Austria' whilst I watch ants races in the back yard through two glass coke bottles......
Revellations

"A Bayonet has a worker at both ends"

http://www.defendingarnhem.com
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

who DID say "You don't have to be crazy to live here - but it helps!"
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Willhelm Gruber II
Contributor

Post by Willhelm Gruber II »

lol yea i guess we are pretty crazy

i have a strange family background, my fathers family where convicts :D

and my mothers family where aristocrats from Prussia

so it makes things interesting lol

we do make jokes about you yanks, but they are because we like you
"Gott Mit Uns"
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

Dave- you DO realise that could be interpreted as ALL Americans but only SOME Europeans??
Phylo, you have an amazing recognition of subtlety. I stand by my statement. My people, the Americans, have little respect for the hidden insult, being fairly blunt in their comments.

Best,
~David
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

have little respect for the hidden insult, being fairly blunt in their comments.
...which is surely why they have to develop in turn such a respect for oncoming blunt objects!!! :D :D :D