7.92 mm Panzerbuchse 39 with snipercsope

German weapons, vehicles and equipment 1919-1945.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Robert Hurst
Supporter

7.92 mm Panzerbuchse 39 with snipercsope

Post by Robert Hurst »

Hi

In a book that I have called 'Weapons and Equipment Of The German Fallschirmtruppe 1935-1945', there is a photograph that is captioned as follows: Two-man team with a Panzerbuchse 39 anti-tank rifle in Holland in 1940'.

The thing is that this weapon has been fitted with a sniperscope. What I would like to know is whether this is a one-off fitting or whether any more of these weapons were so fitted.

I have scanned the photograph with this weapon onto disk, but I don't know how to put it onto this forum site.

Regards

Bob

:D
charlie don't surf
Associate

Post by charlie don't surf »

By that time the ant-tank rifles were ineffective against tanks but could do a good job against lightly armoured and nonarmoured vehicles, the weapon could also do well against machine gun emplacements etc.

I've checked my book "germany's infantry weapons 1939-45" by Terry Gander and anti-tank rifles with scopes are never mentioned there.

Unfortunately you can't attach pictures to this forum, however at the thirdreichforum.com you can so i suggest that you ask the same question there and link the picture from there to here ( I think that is possible but i'm not sure).

regards
Robert Hurst
Supporter

Post by Robert Hurst »

Hi Charlie

I'v got the same book at home myself. That's one of the reasons for putting the request onto this site.

Thanks all the same.

Regards

Bob :D
George Harper

Panzerbuchse

Post by George Harper »

It was relatively common for the Fallschirmjäger to use their Panzerbuschen as sniper rifles after they had become useless in their intended role. They had long range and high accuracy. They were often fitted with scopes.

Regards,

George.
George S. Harper.
Sydney, AUSTRALIA.