does anyone know what kriegs flak abt. was in texel?

German Kriegsmarine 1935-1945.
mightythor99
Enthusiast

does anyone know what kriegs flak abt. was in texel?

Post by mightythor99 »

how difficult is it to figure out "whose" plane was shot down, from a photo from texel, (or photos from texel) with dates on the back?
i have some pictures from the marine flak abteilung in texel, one is a mustang, one is liberator, one mosquito, a lancaster, a halifax, and a spitfire, showing the dead pilot, says on the back he was a polish flier, from lublin!
thanks!
I am interested in buying / trading for photo albums, photo groupings, diaries, feldpost groupings,etc, from any country in the world, any army/navy, etc, mostly 20th century!!
Troy Tempest
Enthusiast

Post by Troy Tempest »

What is 'texel' please?

Troy
11.24 - mon, sydney
Hello from sunny Port Macquarie
mightythor99
Enthusiast

texel, is an island, blocking harbor for rotterdam, amsterda

Post by mightythor99 »

m, etc. there is a series of islands, which block the dutch and northern german continental land, 5 or so of them, and the germans put up coastal batteries on them, for incoming allied bombers. it's actually "tessel", but in dutch, the "ss" sound is x, so the name of the island was changed to texel. i did a google search, and it's easy to find that way.
:up: :up:
I am interested in buying / trading for photo albums, photo groupings, diaries, feldpost groupings,etc, from any country in the world, any army/navy, etc, mostly 20th century!!
Texel

Post by Texel »

Perhaps I can be of some help...
I live on Texel island and I am archive/database manager of the Aeronautical and War Museum ( http://www.lomt.nl/ ) here on the island.
We have a lot of information about all aircraft crashes on and around Texel island and it is very well possible that we can find the information you want...
Is it possible to send me by e-mail a copy of the photographs; Please mention with every photo the date...
Any copies sent to us (which we do not have allready) will be stored in our Asset Management System (a large image database) with full details of the owner etc. and will NOT, I repeat NOT distributed outside the museum.

Jan