Updated rank listings for users on the site

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
Jason Pipes
Patron

Updated rank listings for users on the site

Post by Jason Pipes »

Let me know what you think of these user ranks for the site! List is title # of postings required to achieve that rank. Please feel free to recommend others as well.

New Member 0
Member 20
Supporter 50
Contributor 200
Enthusiast 400
Associate 600
Patron 1000
Expert 2000
M.H.
Patron

Post by M.H. »

Naja...take my case for example...in another year or two I will be able to reach the 2000 but I would never ever call myself an "Expert"!
That could be very embarassing concerning newbies... :shock:
...they would think I really have a clue...

What about: "Quasselstrippe"? :D :D :D
(chatterbox, motormouth or tattletale in english)
Nordwest

Post by Nordwest »

I do not care at all, this says nothing, sorry.

Michael (Ex-Patron)

And 99% of my posting are more or less spam, a waste of bandwith.
Hans
Associate

Post by Hans »

Don't like "expert". I ask a lot of questions. Does that make me an expert on asking Qs. Actually professionally I am, but on the forum I don't think so! I swing between a P.I.t.A. and genuinely wanting to know.

- Hans
Was haben wir für dich gewollt
Du deutsches Vaterland?
- H Gehr IR 21./17.ID
David W
Patron

Post by David W »

I agree with Hans.

I have over 1,000 posts on another forum, because I ask a lot of questions. Lots of posts does not make you an expert. Do we need titles at all? Why not just list No of posts.
Thanks. Dave.
Shadow
Patron

Post by Shadow »

Looks good right up to the "Expert" class.

I rather thought of myself as expert on German military matters when I first joined the Feldgrau botherhood ............ BOY, WAS I DEAD WRONG !! :oops:

However, there ARE individuals belonging to this forum who have earned the right to be considered experts in the field of German military history (Dr. Leo Niehorster pops to mind), but their knowledge on the subject has nothing to do with their total postings.

Maybe something along the lines of "Grand Patron" might be more appropriate.

Just a suggestion - FWIW.
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Ok, I see, out with expert, in with something else! Thanks guys!!
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

or maybe expert could be replaced with "master", a good title for big posters like Sid! :D :up:
Andy H
Associate

Post by Andy H »

New Member 0
Member 20
Supporter 50
Contributor 200
Enthusiast 400
Associate 600
Patron 1000
Expert 2000
What's the point and what's qualifying criteria other than quantity?

Why should somebody with 400 posts be considered a 'Ethusiast' and have a higher ranking than a Contibutor (which I belive is based on $ donated)?, and are we all not ethusiasts anyway!!!!

Ranks are somewhat purile, though some see value in having a rank after there name. Just have members and staff, and everyone can make up there own mind about the relative merits of a poster, rather than someone make a subjective value based on a poster having attained a certain rank through sheer quantity.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

And so as I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolour I must fear evil, For I am but mortal and mortals can only die
Alex Coles
Associate

Post by Alex Coles »

I don't understand. That means somebody with 2,000 SPAM posts is called an "Expert" while the Enthusiast with 400 full of detail posts is lower.
Alex

(Also known as 17 SS)
M.H.
Patron

Post by M.H. »

I still like "Chatterbox"! :wink:
Alex Coles
Associate

Post by Alex Coles »

I still like "Chatterbox"
Who's that?
Alex

(Also known as 17 SS)
Howard
Associate

Post by Howard »

MH wrote:
I still like "Chatterbox"!
Get's my vote too :D
Regards

Howard
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

17 SS Panzer Grenadier wrote:I don't understand. That means somebody with 2,000 SPAM posts is called an "Expert" while the Enthusiast with 400 full of detail posts is lower.
But so far, the only "expert" is Sid with 5000 posts, and he isn't a spammer. :wink:
Wolfkin
Associate

Post by Wolfkin »

Hello!

It doesn't really matter to me. However, one comment I would like to make is the QUALITY of posts by the members.

There are members here who have been around for many years who have post counts of between 100 and 800 or even less, but these are all high quality posts that contribute a great deal. Then there are members here who have been around for a year or less and have 1000 or more very low quality posts.

This is why I believe that post counts do not matter. It is the quality of one's posts that matter.

Cheers,

Wolfkin
Amateurs limit their study to either Tactics, Strategy or Logistics. Professionals study ALL THREE of these!!!