Organizational Question Concerning Soldatenheim.

Questions, comments, suggestions, or problems.
Robert Rojas
Supporter

Organizational Question Concerning Soldatenheim.

Post by Robert Rojas »

Greetings to Chairman Pipes, his august lieutenants and the community as a whole. Well sir, as a newcomer to this forum, I was rather surprised to observe such a free wheeling potpourri of topical interests within the Soldatenheim section of the forum. Just to sate my own curiosity, is there some mitigating circumstance OR set of mitigating circumstances which would compel the forum's management to concentrate so many topical interests within the Soldatenheim section of the forum? Oh, and by the way, I would like to apoligize in advance if this inquiry has been previously broached. Thank you for your indulgence in respect to this matter. Well sir, that's my initial two cents worth on this mundane topic - for now anyway. In anycase, I would like to bid you an especially copacetic day down in Baghdad-By-The-Bay.
"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it" - Robert E. Lee
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Uncle Bob, I am pleased to be the first to welcome you to Feldgrau! I do hope you choose to visit often, as your presence can only enhance our merry little band!

Not being one of the original members, though I've been here a while, I believe I can still answer your question. Soldatenheim isn't exactly a "catch-all," though it may give that appearance. It's more for topics that don't specifically dovetail into nicely defined areas as elsewhere on the board.

For my own part, I view Soldatenheim as more like a true Soldatenheim might have been. Down at the motor pool, you deal with vehicles. At the Armory, you deal with weapons, and so on through the different areas. When you come to Soldatenheim, however, you can discuss generalities. More of a free discussion, if you will.

Again, welcome. Looking forward to hearing more from you!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Robert Rojas
Supporter

RE: Organizational Question Concerning Soldatenheim.

Post by Robert Rojas »

Greetings to brother Tom and the community as a whole. Howdy Tom! Well sir, old Uncle Bob would like to convey his appreciation for your timely and informative response of Thursday - March 02, 2006 - 7:33pm. Now, for whatever this is worth to you personally, my decision to associate myself with the Feldgrau organization was motivated, in part, by your well publicized elevation to the position of moderator within this organization. It's nice to know that I have a least one friend around here! Incidentally, thank you for welcoming old yours truly aboard. Well, that's my latest two cents worth on this now not so mundane topic - for now anyway. As always, I would like to bid you a copacetic day over in the Wolverine State.
"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it" - Robert E. Lee
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Tom has got it spot on, and aside from what he said it's also an area to talk about things that would be deemed off-topic in the other areas, things like fictional works, movies, games, general disucssion, etc, but of course still in some way related to WWII. I never thought having 50 different forum section was a good idea, to many places to keep track of, so making a different forum for each topic mentioned above seemed excessive and it seems to have worked ok so far.