War2 on Kaschau ( Kosice)in Slovakia Border to HUngaria

German campaigns and battles 1919-1945.

Moderator: sniper1shot

KE-War

War2 on Kaschau ( Kosice)in Slovakia Border to HUngaria

Post by KE-War »

Servus, ich suche noch lebende Teilnehmer, die in der Nähe von Kosice / Kaschau in der Slowakei im Einsatz waren, ich vermute 43 bis 45
nahe Stania, Nizna Mizna, im Wald an der Ungarischen Grenze.
Dort hab ich eine Geschosshülse 10,5 CM gefunden und 1Flack-Geschoss.

Welche Truppe war dort?
Ich vermute;
8 oder 17. oder 18. Kompanie oder Heeresgruppe A oder Mitte lt. einem Buch Verratene Schlachten von Frießner

Wie Groß war die Truppe?
Wie lange war sie da?
Warum war sie da?
gibt es Erinnerungen an die Zeit?
Tagebuecher?

Für weiterführende Info bin ich Dankbar....

Servus, I looks for still living participants, who were in the proximity of Kosice/Kaschau in the Slowakei in use, I assumes 43 to 45 close Stania, Nizna Mishla, in the forest at the Hungarian border. There I a projectile case 10.5 cm found and 1Flack-Geschoss. There which troop was? How was large the troop? How long was it there? Why was it there? are there memories to the time? Diaries? For resuming info. I am grateful....
it was translate by googel ...http://www.google.de/language_tools?hl=de
Alkie

Although it was a fictional account....

Post by Alkie »

Willie (The Cross of Iron) Heinrich's "Crack of Doom" was about the destruction of a German infantry division around Kosice in the early winter of 1945.

Although out of print, used copies are easily obtained. It will not answer your questions from a factual, but if like me, you have some familiarity with the area (half my family is from there), it is a somewhat interesting read.
drgeorge

Re: War2 on Kaschau ( Kosice)in Slovakia Border to HUngaria

Post by drgeorge »

I know this is an old and possibly dead post, but if you're still interested, then please look me up (message...). I live very close to the Slovák border in Hungary!!