Norway during WW2

Related website information, updates, questions, links, etc.
Björn
Supporter

Norway during WW2

Post by Björn »

Hi all!
For those interested in Norway during WW2, please visit us at: http://www.nuav.net/ndWW2.html

B
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Norway in WWII

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Bjorn,
I spent a couple of weeks at a camp near Trondheim, learning to drive BV-206s, while in the USMC. Behind one of the barns at the camp (Lanke?), I found 2 75mm PAKs from the war. They looked to be close to firing order. Someone ought to look for those, get them demilitarized, and try to save them!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Björn
Supporter

Hello

Post by Björn »

Hello!
If you mean Steinkjer, or Steinkjersannan as the camp is called, I was an instructor of BV 202 & 206, but I honestly cannot remember any 75mm PAKs. Where did yo find them? Inside the camp??

B
Tom Houlihan
Patron

PAKs

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Oh, yes, they were inside the camp! When we were on one of our breaks, I was nosing around the area (recon!). They were behind one of the barns, that's all I can tell you. I can picture the scene in my mind.
I know the camp wasn't that big. We slept in an old German barracks, that in fact was nicer than our regular barracks back in the States, in my opinion. We took a bus up to the camp each morning, had classes until lunch, then drove the BVs around in the afternoon. I still have my course completion certificate from Forsyningsregiment (sp?) Nr 5. I took a bunch of photos, too, hoping someday to build a model of the vehicle. I had a good time there. I just hope that guy has forgotten about me running over his mailbox!!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Björn
Supporter

Steinkjer

Post by Björn »

Hello!
Well, the German TODT-barracks are still in use several places.
If the guns were inside the camp, i will check it. They were not present 1986-87 the last time I was there.
How nice that you have good memories from Norway!

Regards,
Björn
Tom Houlihan
Patron

PAKs

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Bjorn,
Unfortunately, we are still in the process of moving into our new house. Thus, many things are still packed and buried. For some reason, hobbies are supposed to be low on the priority list. When I have a chance to dig through and locate the photos, I'll endeavor to get them to you. It might help!
Tom
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us