FW-187 Falke

German Luftwaffe 1935-1945.
Wurger
Contributor

FW-187 Falke

Post by Wurger »

Does anyone know if any books dealing exclusively with the FW-187 Falke have been published? I'm looking for a solid study of this aircraft, preferably with three-view plans/blueprints. Thinking of testing my scratch-building skills at the model bench . . .

Regards,

Wurger
jon s

Post by jon s »

Do you read German? There is an article about the Fw187 in Flugzeug Classic Nov/Dec 2001 which goes into quite a good depth of detail about the aircraft. Their E-mail address is [email protected] and if you have problems or they have no back-copies available I would be happy to send you a copy of the article.(There are no drawings however).
jon s

Post by jon s »

On re-reading the magazine I quoted above I found an advertisement for a book about the Fw187 by Dietmar Hermann (who is the author of the article in the magazine) and Peter Petrick obtainable from the same publisher. I also found the E-mail for the Customer Service division which deals with back-issues: [email protected]. The Catalogue number of the book is 75402 and the price quoted is 25,50 Euros. I hope that this will help.
Erich
Enthusiast

Post by Erich »

Incidently photo collector Peter Petrick of Berlin has something in his photo base of over 10,000 pics. An unbelievable collection all sorted in card files, and he is one of the leading photo experts of all time dealing with Luftwaffe subjects.......

E
Wurger
Contributor

FW-187 Falke

Post by Wurger »

Thanks for the help everyone. I'll let you know how things go with the scratch-building project.

Regards,

Wurger
Tom Fischer

Fw 187 Book

Post by Tom Fischer »

The book mentioned in this thread is:

"Focke-Wulf Fw 187 - Der Vergessene Hochleistungsjäger", by Dietmar Hermann & Peter Petrick, Aviatic Verlag GmbH, Oberhaching, Germany, 2001, ISBN 3-925505-66-0.

It is an absolute marvel, and without doubt the ultimate reference work on this aircraft. I find it hard to imagine that a better book will ever be published on this type, especially given that the Fw 187 is something of an "insider" aircraft.

The book is in the usual Aviatic large format, it contains some 160 pages (text in German) and a wealth of b/w photos, many of them very rare or previously unpublished. Among the photos are countless detail photos (interior and exterior, engines, construction, armament). There are also two large format color profiles.

HTH, best regards,

Tom