Photographs of German graves in Russia

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

Auch

Photographs of German graves in Russia

Post by Auch »

In my late fathers papers are some old black and white photos, ink stamped on the reverse "Heldengraeber bei Lubatschi Juli 1941". There are 19 graves, each with a German helmet on the grave and at the head of each grave a wooden cross with writing. Is the information below of any use given the date and possible subsequent destruction of graves, to for example the German war graves organisation or the deceased family? I think the information shows date of birth and death but can the other numbers and letters be deciphered?
The ones I can read say the following, altho where I have placed an asterisk beside the numbers (or could be letters;the script is in old German), I am not too sure it is right as it is also very faint and has foliage on the graves making reading difficult. Details are:-
Uffz Bruno Klein 10 3 9 2*
Ogren Rich. Jakubeil
Uffz Heinr. Schmedtmann 10/749* (or Schmedlmann?)
Aan* Alex Cegla 3/AA11*
Some of these people may have served with my father who was in 1./Inf.Ers.Btl.413 in this period in Lubatschi

- Arnold :?
Bruno
Supporter

Found one

Post by Bruno »

Customarily grave markers included divisonal information.
eg. 2/SS Pz. Gren.Regt.t Eicke
So that you may be able to trace the actual units.

Nachname: Klein
Vorname: Bruno
Dienstgrad: Unteroffizier
Geburtsdatum: 21.04.1916
Geburtsort: Roggenhausen
Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 29.07.1941
Todesort: Ljuboitschj

Bruno Klein ruht auf der Kriegsgräberstätte in Korpowo - Sammelfriedhof (Rußland) .
Endgrablage: Block 25 Reihe 20 Grab 1735