German food is NOT the best in the world ....

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

FanOfGermanMilitaryMight
Banned

German food is NOT the best in the world ....

Post by FanOfGermanMilitaryMight »

Not to take posts in this forum too seriously, BUT .... if anyone claims that German food is the best in the world, regardless of whatever contributions or uncontributions the Nazis may have made, they fail to take into account the ultimate cuisine that mankind has brought to fruition. Yes, I speak of the unbeatable cuisine of INDIA. Nothing on this planet in the realm of food and eating comes close to Indian cuisine, and if you haven't tried Indian cuisine, then your life is not yet complete. If you don't like Indian cuisine, well then there is something seriously wrong with you. Toodle-loo ....
"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern" General Heinz Guderian
Liam
Enthusiast

Post by Liam »

He's right! Chicken Tikka Masala with chips all washed down with 10 pints of Carling Black Label - then a punch-up down some Aldershot disco!
Hitler...there was a painter! He could paint an entire apartment in ONE afternoon! TWO coats!! Mel Brooks, The Producers
medic

Post by medic »

How about a mix of Indian and German cuisine, ie. CurryWurst?

;)

And sorry, I can think of a ton of things I'd rather eat than Indian food. Doener Kebabs come to mind. Yum. They need to have those in the US.
Locke
Supporter

Post by Locke »

Now, now - Where are all Sauerkraut fans???
Tod sekla bridka bodo jekla in ti mi bos krvava tekla,
kri nasa te pojila bo, sovrazna te kalila bo!
Simon Gregorcic: Soci
Peter H.

Joking aside...

Post by Peter H. »

Joking aside, Indian food really is wonderful. (And it's even sort of a misnomer to speak about "Indian food" when the food of India differs so much from region to region.)

People who aren't familiar with it think it's nothing but flame-throwing, sweat-producing curries. What a shame: they're depriving themselves of so much.
Soldat7128
Supporter

Post by Soldat7128 »

Locke wrote:Now, now - Where are all Sauerkraut fans???

Hey, didn't you know, sauerkraut comes from China? :D
Soldat7128
Supporter

Re: German food is NOT the best in the world ....

Post by Soldat7128 »

FanOfGermanMilitaryMight wrote:Not to take posts in this forum too seriously, BUT .... if anyone claims that German food is the best in the world, regardless of whatever contributions or uncontributions the Nazis may have made, they fail to take into account the ultimate cuisine that mankind has brought to fruition. Yes, I speak of the unbeatable cuisine of INDIA. Nothing on this planet in the realm of food and eating comes close to Indian cuisine, and if you haven't tried Indian cuisine, then your life is not yet complete. If you don't like Indian cuisine, well then there is something seriously wrong with you. Toodle-loo ....
Hmmm, my mouth likes it, but it becomes less and less popular the farther it travels through my alimentary canal. Too much ghee and curry...

(although, never having been to India, I've entirely open to the possibility that what Indian restaurants in the West serve is a perversion of real Indian cuisine...)

At least you didn't claim it was the only true "Aryan" food in the world... :wink:
DasReichX
Supporter

Post by DasReichX »

OMG! You are all wrong! Authentic Mexican food is the greatest!
DasReich.X
Mark
DeBaer
Contributor

Post by DeBaer »

best food my mother cooks for sure! :D
well i dont like indian, i cant stand curry :wink:
also you never know wether the food you get in a restaurant as indian food is the thing they cook there in the homes in india. its very unlikely i think.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Sven
-
terras licet et undas obstruat at caelum certe patet
medic

Post by medic »

Not all Germans like Sauerkraut. And they DEFINITELY don't like it on their hot dogs! ;P
Qvist
Banned

Post by Qvist »

I 'm not much for Indian food actually. I don't like strongly spiced food, and I absolutely loathe coriander - tastes like washing fluid. Which doesn't leave you with much to choose from on the menu really. :D No, the prize goes without any doubt to Italian cuisine IMO. No bullshit, no spicing food to death to disguise how rotten the raw materials are - just fresh first-rate stuff prepared with brilliant simplicity.
This is a reality. I bought a Currywurst off a street corner hot dog stand in a small town in Austria as long as 25 years ago.

cheers
DeBaer
Contributor

Post by DeBaer »

well italian food... again its the restaurant - real italian home thing.
ive italians and a chinese restaurant in the house i live in.
when italians cook it stinks (sorry) so strongly that ive to close my windows. onion and garlic all the time...
also some of my family (a part im not blood related with) is italian, when they celebrate something and cook, im always taking my own food with me (heck, am i impolite :D ).
but anyway food and taste is amongst the most subjectives topic on the world, as its proved that everyone tastes in a different way.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Sven
-
terras licet et undas obstruat at caelum certe patet
Reb
Patron

Post by Reb »

I'm no fan of German food but I like my Bratwursts and beer!

For real confusion go to Los Angeles - Mexican chefs working in Chinese restaurents and all points in between.

I love Mexican food but once made the mistake of telling the guy on a 'roach coach' (traveling food vendor - has a small truck and makes stops for lunch breaks and such at various companies) to give me the Jalapeno Peppers he serves to Mexicans - not those limp wristed things he sells to Anglos. Big mistake!

Those are guys are cool though - if you are feeling down they'll usually let you have a quick hit from the Tequila bottle they're not supposed to have!

cheers
Reb
Michate
Contributor

Post by Michate »

One of my favourite accomplishments of multiculturalism in Germany next to the Turko-German creation of Döner kebap :D
I'm no fan of German food but I like my Bratwursts and beer!
Yep, clearly 2 (of few remaining) areas where Germans still excel at.

Unfortunately there is a regrettable trend to mix beer with lemonade, cola or whatever, sell this in small bottles for too high prices and suggest drinking such stuff makes yourself fashionable :( .
No, the prize goes without any doubt to Italian cuisine IMO
I agree - the cuisine during my recent trip to Rome was excellent.
heinz kling

Post by heinz kling »

Indian food is great until you find out that the people's hygenic habits.