Searching for info on relative

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

REG Canadian

Searching for info on relative

Post by REG Canadian »

Hello all,

New to the forum, and I have a question I hope someone can point me in the right direction with.
I am looking for information about the military service of my grandfather who served in the German military during WWII. Is there somewhere I can request information? I looked at some of the links regarding the Bundesarchiv-Personalarchiv and WASt. Are these the places to look? Any info would be much appreciated.

REG
Jason Pipes
Patron

Post by Jason Pipes »

Yes, those would be the places to begin looking specifically. You would need to write to them directly with as much information you currently know about him and they will search and provide you with whatever they have on him. That would be your first step in your search. Contact with them may take some time though.
REG Canadian

Thanks to all

Post by REG Canadian »

Thanks to those that responded here and through Personal Messages. I will be submitting a request to Germany, and hopefully I will receive some info in a few months. Perhaps at that time I will post an update on how effective the search was.

thanks.