Where to Hunt militaria in Berlin ??

WWII era German related items being sought, sold or traded.
jimd211545s
Supporter

Where to Hunt militaria in Berlin ??

Post by jimd211545s »

Hi,

Any one got any top tips on where to look for militaria in Berlin?

I am planning a trip in May 2011 and wondered if any one knows any top spots for picking up good (Original and Cheap!) militaria.

cheers Jim.
Doktor Krollspell
Patron

Re: Where to Hunt militaria in Berlin ??

Post by Doktor Krollspell »

Hello Jim!

I can't help you with any good adresses for military relics and stuff, but the best bookshop for german military history (and a wide range of tin figures) is "Berliner Zinnfiguren & Preussisches Bücherkabinett" on Knesebeckstrasse 88, http://www.zinnfigur.com/

Regards,

Krollspell
"Wie es eigentlich gewesen ist"
Leopold von Ranke (1795-1886)
WARNACH
Supporter

Post by WARNACH »

Original and Cheap
Doest that still exist?

Have a happy new year

Peter
schultze

Post by schultze »

Try the flea markets on Strasse des 17te Juni (S-bahn Tiergarten), am Mauerpark and on the Museum Insel. When you get to Berlin buy the listings magazine "Zitty". This will have the times, dates and addresses of the markets. There used to one out at Friedrichshagen which was pretty good - I picked up a 44 dated Essenbehalter for about E10 and a lovely bakelite torch for about E4. There is a good one behind Ostbahnhof although it is hit and miss as to whether you can haggle. Some folk know what they have and will give you the "very rare, very rare....this is a really good price...rare." crap even when it is just a Kochgeshir or Feldflasche they have. Don't be is a rush and don't look too interested in stuff. Be prepared to investigate boxes of crap...you get Turkish folk doing house clearances and they sometimes just put a whole mixed bag of junk together...toys,clothes..books...and sometimes kit. Also they cannot always tell the difference between NVA and WH so take time to go through what at first site is just old cold war junk. I have picked up some lovely two pronged LW officers belts like this as they look like the NVA ones.

Good luck and remember to haggle.

Schultze
Noch 'Ne Runde
jimd211545s
Supporter

Post by jimd211545s »

Many Thanks for the Tips, Jim.
Florin
Supporter

Post by Florin »

I know, the question is about Berlin... However, for who is interested: I noticed that in the flea markets of New York the immigrants from the former Soviet Union offer all kind of German WWII things, like daggers, medals etc.