Junkers Jumo 211 Manuals needed

German weapons, vehicles and equipment 1919-1945.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Hiroyoshi

Junkers Jumo 211 Manuals needed

Post by Hiroyoshi »

Hi,

I'm new, and I found this forum by accident (while looking for a review of Panzer Gunner)...but I need your help!

I'm rebuilding an Avia S-199 (Czech Bf109) to airworthy condition (from 109 and Buchon components), and need to find some stuff...

S-199 manuals
Junkers Jumo 211F manuals (have any been translated?)
Any potentially flightworthy 211F parts

If anyone has an S-199 data plate...especially one from Israel...that would be awesome.

It'll be followed by a Bf109 G-12, which will need a DB605...but that stuff is comparatively easy to find.

Thanks in advance -
charlieboy
Supporter

Re: Junkers Jumo 211 Manuals needed

Post by charlieboy »

hi hiroyoshi
welcome from a pretty new member myself
i am sure some of the guys on the luftwaffe forum on this site,
might have some information to help you??
best wishes
micky
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Good God! Hiroyoshi, you don't believe in setting yourself easy projects, do you....AND to flightworthy condition! :shock:

Can I ask - why are you doing it THAT way round, rather than bulding a flightworthy 109G and demo'ing IT on the circuit to fund the S.199 project?

Though it WOULD be good to see an Avia "Mickey Mouse" in the air again...

(it's the prop blades! :D )
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Hiroyoshi

Post by Hiroyoshi »

Nah...if it's easy it isn't nearly so much fun.

I'd given some thought to building up a 109K (I like the canopy!), and following on with the 199; but I think the 199 is viable to start with. The supply situation with 211 parts is not as bad as, say, 213's, and there is always the fallback option of an Allison converted to run inverted (and I do know how to do that). (That rhymed...Allison converted to run inverted...)

The follow-on will be a 109G-12. One could be tongue-in-cheek and say that it would give potential 109 owners fright experience (geddit?), but really, the only reason for doing it is that which has fueled the 199 - no one else is flogging one round the airshow circuit.

(And for good reason!)
charlieboy
Supporter

Post by charlieboy »

hi hiroyoshi
good luck with the project how long do you think it will take once you have sourced the parts?
best wishes
micky
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

it would give potential 109 owners fright experience
IIRC the S.199 gave EVERYONE the frighteners - particularly the guy behind the stick! :D
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds