downed Bf109 from JG1 on 1/12/1943

German Luftwaffe 1935-1945.
mdj

downed Bf109 from JG1 on 1/12/1943

Post by mdj »

Hi,

I am looking for the pilot(s) or unit(s) who claimed to shot down Feldwebel Alfred Miksch (JG1 - Udet). I have read, it could have been one from unit 355 FG.

At this time Miksch flew with this one:
Miksch: on 1 December 1943 in Bf 109 G-6 "Black 13" (W.Nr. 140 007) in the Nijmegen area.

I have an original document that Miksch was shot down and crashed in the Belgian Albert Canal in the areau around St. Trond (base NJG) and Bree (Belgium). This is not the above mentioned Nijmegen area.
He was also buried at the cemetary in St. Trond.

Perhaps there is a match (allied claim) or has some more information regarding this case??

Thanks if you can help me in my research!!

Martin
Richard Schoutissen
Associate

Re: downed Bf109 from JG1 on 1/12/1943

Post by Richard Schoutissen »

mdj wrote:Hi,

I am looking for the pilot(s) or unit(s) who claimed to shot down Feldwebel Alfred Miksch (JG1 - Udet). I have read, it could have been one from unit 355 FG.

At this time Miksch flew with this one:
Miksch: on 1 December 1943 in Bf 109 G-6 "Black 13" (W.Nr. 140 007) in the Nijmegen area.

I have an original document that Miksch was shot down and crashed in the Belgian Albert Canal in the areau around St. Trond (base NJG) and Bree (Belgium). This is not the above mentioned Nijmegen area.
He was also buried at the cemetary in St. Trond.

Perhaps there is a match (allied claim) or has some more information regarding this case??

Thanks if you can help me in my research!!

Martin
You can find the story regarding Alfred Mitch in the book "Bf 109 Defence of the Reich Aces" it indeed tell's the Nijmegen area but I don't think this is correct . . . but who am I?

On December 1 1943 Uffz H.Johanning (8./JG 1) was shot down at the Nijmegen area. Bf 109G-6 Werknummer: 410 098.

Maybe you should contact Erik Mombeeck

Richard
Richard Schoutissen
Associate

Post by Richard Schoutissen »

Feldwebel Alfred Miksch, born Januari 3 1919 at Vienna was shot down on December 1 1943 at Bree (Belgium) area. Buried at the german cemetery at Lommel (Belgium) so forget Nijmegen.

Regarding Hptmn. Alfred Griwalski (PM), 2x B17 at the area Aachen and Neuwied (Germany) 11:45.

Richard
mdj

Post by mdj »

It looks like a Battle around Nijmegen but downed near Bree/ St. Troud....

He flew in 8./JG1 together with Leader Griwalski together with Uff. B. Kunze and Helmut Johanning in the Nijmegen area. Griwalski had 2 claims (2x B17- near Aachen/Neuwied), Kunze had a B-17 claim (near Munster/area Nijmegen) and Johanning was shot down but survived.
Miksch was also shot down but why so far from the battlefield theatre around Nijmegen??

2 original documents say he crashed in the area St. Trond / Bree...So it confuses a bit.

I still would like to know who or which allied unit shot him????

Martin