texas veterans

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

robertmeschede

texas veterans

Post by robertmeschede »

I have searched endlessly for any German/Austrain WW2 vets living in Texas or Lousiana. i am doing a history prodject and have not found any of German vets to interview. when i was a kid, i remember talking to 2 German vets right in my small hometown, now i can not find any.
if yall know any in the area, will yall please refer them to me.
bis bald
robert meschede]
[email protected]
John W. Howard

Re: texas veterans

Post by John W. Howard »

Hello Robert:
Sadly WWII vets are getting up there in age and some have passed away. I would think your best bet would be to run an add in a few of your local newspapers asking for German or Austrian vets to contact you. I suggest you include family members also; they may have information about their loved ones who once served. Good luck and best wishes.
John W. Howard
Mansal D

Post by Mansal D »

A very good friend of mine (and forum member on these forums) was a WWII German veteran who used to live in Texas. Unfortunately (for us both!) he has moved away. You can read his bio which is hosted on this site.
Alex Tijerina

Post by Alex Tijerina »

[Where did he move to? If you mean Rudi?b][/b]
robertmeschede

Post by robertmeschede »

an update yall. i have 2 luftwaffe veterans willing to do an interview. I also have an Iwo Jima vet and 8th air force veteran wanting to share their stories also. I may have more German vets in the close future. The newspaper caught wind of my history prodject and want to do a story on my quest for the German view of WW2. The reporter will be at my house Monday to ask questions for my story
Annelie
Patron

Post by Annelie »

Its been a long time since Rudi lasted visited. We all hope that he is in good health and doing well.

Its important to let the Veterans know their input here is wanted and important. Rudi has contributed much over the years with his story, translations and beinging generally helpful. It would be a loss for the forum if he does not return.
Annelie

Post by Mansal D »

Rudi is doing fine and is still in good health. I spoke to him over the phone only a couple days ago. When he is situated in his new house I'm sure he'll return to these great forums!
Rudi Salvermoser

Post by Rudi Salvermoser »

Hello again - after a long absence; and thanks for your concern.
I live in Florida now and am enjoying it.
Just today I was able to get on the forum again with Jason's help; however, instead of "Rudi S" I am known now as "Rudi Salvermoser".

So long for now,
Rudi