Karl Wolf / his fate after the 2.WW ?

German SS and Waffen-SS 1923-1945.
Matthias Fritz
Almost banned

Karl Wolf / his fate after the 2.WW ?

Post by Matthias Fritz »

I have seen a documentary abouth waffen SS and among vets intervuved was also famus SS general Karl Wolf. In many original documentary shots it was Himmlers with Karl Wolf, also during Himmlers inspection of concentration camp, Wolf was also tealing a strory when he and Himmler witnesed a shooting of juden civilians and how bloth spreyed himmlers face and coat !

My question is, how is possible that Karl Wolf who was ( as many fotos and even films witnesed ) havy involved in to all crimes comited by SS, didnt receve any suvir sentence as on the other hand many SS personal was executed for much less crimes ?

In my belive, Karl Wolf not only new wat wa going on during 3 Raich but was also among those nacis who created the final solution as he was in Himmlers iner curcle ! I am almoust surten that the americans nead his knowings for the cold war that almoust emidiatly folowed the end of 2.WW ! If i remember corect, Karl Wolf surender to american armed forces in Italy !?

What do you think saved Karl Folf from dead by hanging ?

Matthias
Cott Tiger
Associate

Re: Karl Wolf / his fate after the 2.WW ?

Post by Cott Tiger »

Going from memory only I’m afraid, but wasn’t Wolf arrested sometime in the 60’s and given a long prison sentence for his participation/involvement in the Holocaust?

I have no idea if he had evaded capture after the war, or if had just slipped under the Allied intelligence radar until then.

Hopefully, someone here has some further information.

Best regards,

André
Up The Tigers!
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

Matthias Fritz - First, you need to spell the man's name correctly. It's Karl Wolff. Then if you do a SEARCH on this site, you will find plenty of information about this man and probably the answer to your question.
joefraser
Supporter

Post by joefraser »

A very clever man. He saw what was coming so he organised the surrender of Italy which saved many Allied lives, though during the surrender negotiations many fresh German troops were removed from Italy and the only troops left for the surrender were battle weary, wounded troops. This guaranteed him an easy trial after the war. He also appeared as a prosecution witness at Nuremberg. His sentence after the war was 4 years and he was released in 1949. He was then, alledgedly, enlisted by the C.I.A. for the cold war.
Wolff was arrested in 1962. He was sentenced in 1964 to 15 years’ imprisonment for the direct deportation of 300,000Jews from the Warsaw Ghetto to Treblinka, the deportation of Italian Jews to Auschwitz, and the massacre of Italian Partisans in Belarus. During this sentence,Wolff lost 10 years of his civil rights but eventually he was granted all civil privileges in1971 when he was released early from prison. He was released early for having an otherwise blameless record.
This is a precis of an article written by William Kramer on Karl Wollf, in his article he claims his stepfather is Karl Wollfs' nephew.
Matthias Fritz
Almost banned

Post by Matthias Fritz »

Thank you Joefraser for intersting info !

Mr. Moore, i apologise abouth my speling but i was in a hurry posting this question and i didnt check it for erors what i usualy do !
I am writhing a new book abouth my grandfathers history in waffen SS and i am also intersted in important waffen SS lieders, specialy their fate after 2 WW, specialy those who somehowe manage to avoid prosecution in my belive becourse they were emidiatly drafted by CIA, regardles their crimes.
I was told realy amazing story abouth Globus ( Globocnik ), how he was acualy drafted by english inteligence service and that his death was only stated, that coud be quit possible as all important nacis have bean always baried in unknown locations or yust burnt and their ashes trowen in to some river ! I am not claiming that Globus was safed by english i am only claiming that at that time everything was possible, specialy becourse of almoust emidiat start of cold war !

Yust one final question, when and where Karl Wolff died ?

Matthias
Phil Nix

Post by Phil Nix »

He died in Rosenheim on the 17th July 1984
Phil Nix
Matthias Fritz
Almost banned

Post by Matthias Fritz »

Thank you Phil Nix !

Matthias