Searching Coastal Artillery Veterans

German Veterans, vet accounts, MIA searches, KIA info, and on relatives who served.

Moderator: Tom Houlihan

f6h8v22h8

Searching Coastal Artillery Veterans

Post by f6h8v22h8 »

Hello,

I'm doing a research on coastal artillery units who were stationed in the Atlantikwall. I would like to get in contact with veterans(from Norway --> France) especially veterans who were stationed in Norway and The Netherlands.
I would also like to get in contact with collectors who collect German Coastal Artillery.

Do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you very much.

kindest regards,

Michael
Simon 319 Inf. Div.

My area of interest too

Post by Simon 319 Inf. Div. »

Hi,

I thought I'd post my request here too. I am also interested in Coastal Art. units of the Atlantic Wall, specifically the Channel Islands, and Jersey.

Are there any former members of 3./MAA604 out there?

3./MAA 604 was a Naval Battery of four 15cm guns collectively called Batterie Lotheringen located on the headland of Noirmont Point in Jersey. At the same location is the impressive Marine Peilstand M132 fire control post together with ammunition bunkers and crew stand-by bunkers.

I'd be interesting in hearing from any surviving members of MAA604 or indeed any servicemen who served in Jersey.
Have you heard - Berlin's full of warehouses?

Where's my house.....where's my house...
Simon 319 Inf. Div.

Post by Simon 319 Inf. Div. »

Could not resist posting a photo of the Naval MP 1 as it is today.

Have you heard - Berlin's full of warehouses?

Where's my house.....where's my house...
behblc
Associate

Coastal Units.

Post by behblc »

Will add my request here as well :D

Would dearly like to contact any members of 3rd battery Marine Falk Unit 815 " Vlieland West".
In particular :
Lt. M.A> Burmeister
Obermaat Wernre Albrecht.
Maat Theodor Penning
All of 8 Marineflakabteilung 815

Obergefreiter Hesenberger
Gefreiter Brettschein
Gefreiter Witt
All of Battery "Eierland" on Texel.

Gefreiter Hesse
Gefreiter Schlichting.
Both of 10. Grenadiere Regiment 860.

This is in relation to the claim filed on 5 th October 1943 for a Halifax bomber shot down on the night of 29th September 1943.

If anyone knows any route to contacting any of these gentleman either directly or via an ex-servicemen's association I would be extremely grateful.
Thanks to all in advance.
" Life , to be sure is nothing much to loose ; But young men think it is , and we were young . "
A.E. Housman.

" The old lie: Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori. " Wilfred Owen (M.C.).
K2Commander

Post by K2Commander »

Hello,
Im looking for any one who knew of a Hans Drogeler, Marineartillerist who served with Kriegsmarine 3/. MAA604 Noirmont Point- Jersey, in 1943.
He was unfortunately killed in an accident while on look-out duty at another part of the Island.
If any one has any pictures (long shot I know) or any other information about him I would eternally greatful,
Many Thanks
Karl