Goebels Children

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

munchener
Supporter

Goebels Children

Post by munchener »

Did the future of these poor innocent kids look so bad that they poisoned them,who made this decision and why?
ramon
Supporter

Post by ramon »

The simple answer is the Goebbels did not want their children to grow up in a Germany that was no longer a NS state. Life simply would not have meaning for them. The defeat of the NS Ideals meant the end of the life Goebbels had given so much effort to create and maintain.

In such a world no longer governed by the NS Ideal, life was not worth living.

Finally, Magda Goebbels foresaw the complete destruction and post war domination of Germany by the Allied Powers, she firmly believed that this was not the world for the children or her. Death in her view was preferable.

Sad.
Last edited by ramon on Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
munchener
Supporter

Sad

Post by munchener »

Yes it is very sad,if only she knew. :( Munchener
ramon
Supporter

Post by ramon »

Hi munchener, Magda did know what she was doing. She was thorougly acting according to her world view. She had a deep and abiding love for Hitler. In fact, it was Bormann who commented in his characteristically caustic way that when she was around Hitler, you could hear her ovaries rattle.

Believe me, she know what she was doing when she put those innocent children to death.
munchener
Supporter

Stopping

Post by munchener »

Surely if Hitler's generals were mostly arguing with him by that time, somebody could have come forward and confronted him on this one and even tried to stop it.? :?: Munchener
ramon
Supporter

Post by ramon »

I really think you need to read some easily available books about the last days in the Bunker. You will quickly realize that the cult of the Führer was still pervasive up to the very last.

The SS presence was pervasive. As the end ground ever closer, the fate of these children was not as much a concern to the Generals. Thoughts of their own fates superceded this.
munchener
Supporter

Communism

Post by munchener »

Is there also the possibility that Magda even though she agreed to a NS state she couldn't bear the thought or her children growing up under Communism?I seem to get this to be the general impression here. Munchener
munchener
Supporter

Magda

Post by munchener »

The assumption is that Magda was of German origin, but the name possibly might suggest that she may have been non german,has anyone background on her? :?: Munchener
ramon
Supporter

Re: Communism

Post by ramon »

munchener wrote:Is there also the possibility that Magda even though she agreed to a NS state she couldn't bear the thought or her children growing up under Communism?I seem to get this to be the general impression here. Munchener
I alluded to this in my post concerning the domination of post war Germany.
ramon
Supporter

Re: Magda

Post by ramon »

munchener wrote:The assumption is that Magda was of German origin, but the name possibly might suggest that she may have been non german,has anyone background on her? :?: Munchener
Have you done any reading about Goebbels and his family? The information is there for you to find. You tend to show a singular lack of reading about the history you seem to be interested in. Hmmm...

Anyway...

She was Maria Magdalena Behrend-Friedländer born in Berlin on 11 November, 1901. Her father as an engineer. He divorced Magda's mother when Magda was 3. Magada's mother married a Jewish business man by the name of Friedländer.
Jez
Associate

Post by Jez »

It would be easy to say they were protecting the children from Communist bad treatment. The fate of the Czar's children at the hands of the Reds as an example. The fact is that the Goebbel's would have had a much better overall picture of which part each Allied nation was in the Reich at that time.

eg. They could have easily have got the children to the British, American or French zones if they wanted quite easily before the encirclement of 'Festung Berlin' by April 22nd and if pressed got the children out from the makeshift airstrip near the Fuhrer bunker on the 29th with Hanna Reitsch.

regards, Jez.
munchener
Supporter

Fake Books

Post by munchener »

I threw my history books out a long time ago as soon as I realised how one sided they are I'm mainly interested in the truth which is at times ignored immensely.I can write a book too and tell only what I want the people to know,you know like politics. :D Munchener
ramon
Supporter

Post by ramon »

Well, you certainly have lived down to my expectations.

Forget about reading all different points of view and then taking the time to weigh, consider, and synthesize your information. Screw that. Just go through life asking inane questions of people who have taken the time to study what the experts in their fields of interest have to say based upon their examination of the source materal.

Please tell me you're not that intellectually challenged.

Sigh
munchener
Supporter

Children

Post by munchener »

Getting back to the Goebels kids may they RIP what would the Russians have done with them had they been saved? :?: Munchener
Jez
Associate

Post by Jez »

Don't know? :(

New thread i think Munchener.

Regards jez