I thought some of you might be interested in this

A place for off-topic posts not related to this website. All messages are purged frequently.
PA. Dutchman
Supporter

I thought some of you might be interested in this

Post by PA. Dutchman »

I thought some of you might be interested in this opportunity. Our government in the USA has licensed a couple companies to print personal postage stamps that are completely legal.

I had a set made for my parents Wedding Anniversary and one sheet of my fathers' Air Corp Patch.

I used Zazzle.com they are most user friendly. I have no interest or money in this company I am only mentioning this so that you might have your own Unit Stamps made.

I am going to post the Unit Stamp of my fathers' Air Corp Unit and I will try to post the one I had made for their Wedding Anniversary.
Sincerely yours,
PA.Dutchman
PA. Dutchman
Supporter

Re: I thought some of you might be interested in this

Post by PA. Dutchman »

This is the stamp I had made for their Wedding Anniversary.

As I said you could have a Unit, a father, friend, a tank, sub, favorite plane or whatever made into a legal US postage stamp.
Sincerely yours,
PA.Dutchman
Jacky
Supporter

Post by Jacky »

What a lovely idea. I can't see the British Government allowing such a thing. I bet your parents were thrrilled.

Jacky
PA. Dutchman
Supporter

Post by PA. Dutchman »

Since I posted this I was able to confirm my fathers Air Corp Unit Patch for the 11 TH BG H the 42 Squadron and had these stamps made in the imagine of their Unit Patch.
42 Squadron Stamps.jpg
Sincerely yours,
PA.Dutchman
PA. Dutchman
Supporter

Post by PA. Dutchman »

Jacky wrote:What a lovely idea. I can't see the British Government allowing such a thing. I bet your parents were thrilled.

Jacky
The funny thing is whenever we have done this for someone they never use the stamps. They usually frame the stamps. As I mentioned these are licensed by the Federal Government and are legal postage.

Thank you, my mother was thrilled. She had me frame hers to hang up, they are both gone now but it was worth the time and expense.
Sincerely yours,
PA.Dutchman