King and Country

Miniatures, board wargames and computer games related to WWII.
Commissar D, the Evil

King and Country

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

The Commissar rarely approves of a site.

However, for realistic Toy soldiers, please check out these somewhat expensive figures in a large scale:

King And Country:

Toy soldiers at their best--all one-piece molds and painted.

The Russian sets are indeed interesting as well!

Bestens,
~D, the EviL
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
Commissar D, the Evil

Re: King and Country

AH Jeez, at least disagree with me Folk!!!! Don't friggin' ignore me!!! If you think these figures are either B.S. or Right-on, then please let me know one way or the other!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

I've collected models--as opposed to "toy soldiers"--for far more many years than most of you were alive!!! So, please don't think that you could ever offend me by an honest opinion!! :D :D :D :D

All I want is a serious discussion of this company's work and I will drop them in a New York Minuteif the discussion persuades me!!!!! :D

Bestens,
~D, the EviL
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

The figures look great. Authentic postures and poses, and the gear looks good.

Some of the painting, though, is a wee bit less than accurate, methinks. However, as we discussed, for toy soldiers that may not be as important as when painting one's own!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
Waleed Y. Majeed
Patron

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed »

As a 1/35 scale modeller myself (preferably figures) I'll give you my opinion:

I think the weapons are too big & bulky, or the figures are Hitlerjugend boys... :?
Other details and paint job is good! Over all I would say OK figures considering they are
"Right out of the box ready to play with". What is the price for this set - are they worth it...
or would you be able to buy a good set of "assembly yourself" and the paints for the same price?

waleed
Commissar D, the Evil

Hi Waleed, well, toy soldiers are only "toys". I'm sure you could and I know many, many other people who have built some of the better figure kits, especially those produced by Dragon, and painted them into masterpieces at a fraction of the cost of these sets.

1/35th modeling is so much more accurate that there really is no contest. The joy of toy soldiers comes from the display and the ability to put together an "army" with no effort, but at great expense. I have in my closets enough fantastic 1/35th kits that will never be built, even if I took the rest of my life doing it.

On the other hand, I have a King and Country Roman Army and Fort that I can display in a couple of hours--the company's Romans are really some of the best on the market, very well painted and in great poses. You won't find any plastic 1/35th Roman infantry on the market. I also have a Conte Viking Long-ship that is incredible.

I've bought a few of these German sets, they're great to look at in my cabinet, but in no way comparable to real models.

I suppose this makes me sound a bit lazy, but I grew up in the 50's and my fondest memories are of playing with toy soldiers that nowadays would be scorned for their lack of authenticity. It's all in the imagination, I suppose! :D :D :D

Bestens,
David (P.S. I hate to turn this into a commercial, but, if anyone in the US wants to take some of my 1/35th, 1/350th, 1/700th or 1/400th kits off of my hands, please do PM me. I promise you a better deal than on other sites! Any 1/35th kit I have, I will sell for, at most, $30--shipping included and after-market details included where I have them! Sorry I am, indeed, that shipping costs prevent me from making the same promise to those outside the US.!!!! )