Landesschützen-Bataillon 345

German Heer 1935-1945.

Moderator: John W. Howard

Werter
Supporter

Landesschützen-Bataillon 345

Post by Werter »

Gentlemen, does anyone have information on the location of this battalion in April 1945?
Thanks for any information

Regards,
Ivan
WIR
KAPITULIEREN
NIE!
WARNACH
Supporter

Re: Landesschützen-Bataillon 345

Post by WARNACH »

Hello Ivan
I know you're looking for the location in april 1945.
The "closest" I could find was 10.8.1944 when the Btl was billeted in Berlin-Lichterfelde Ost when it was under command of the "Kommandeur der Kriegsgefangenen III" in Berlin-Grunewald.
It provided guard personel (with the other LSB 305, 315, 333, 334, 344, 348 and 940) for the following POW camps
Oflag 8 Friesack/Mark
Stalag III A Luckenwalde
Stalag III B Fürstenberg
Stalag III C Alt-Drewitz
Stalag III D Berlin

At the end of the war the 345 LSB saw "action" because the Vermisstenbildlisten of the german red cross have missing members of this Btl listed.
If you could find - band FE pages 534 - 536 - there the missing can be found with indications where they wrote their last letter thus giving "general" info where the unit was in the last months of the war.

I only have W-SS, FJ and POW vermisstenbildlisten so if somebody else could take a look .....
Cheers
Peter
Rossano

Post by Rossano »

Hello, sorry to bother You. Can You kindly give me the officers (with ranks + first names) commanding this Bataillon ? I would be very grateful to You. Friendly, Rossano
Rossano
Eberland

Post by Eberland »

Very close to my grandfathers Bataillon number 313...originally from Berlin area.
Cheers