Hello to all
; more follows...................
The Armeepferdelazarett (Army’s veterinary hospital) was composed of one Gathering echelon (Sammelstaffel) and two hospital echelons (Lazarettstaffeln). Each Army normally had three Army’s veterinary hospitals (Armeepferdelazarette). The hospital had capacity for 1000 horses but up to 1500 were treated there.
Those horses wounded or sick within the combat area were gathered in the Unit’s horses place (Pferdeverbandsplatz). Those seriously wounded, unable for marching, with longer treatments or with surgery needs were conveyed to the hospital within the Veterinary Company (at Division level), which had all the necessary means.
For much longer treatments the horses were lead to the Army’s veterinary hospital (Armeepferdelazarett). In case of the animals needed a definitive treatment there were the Country Veterinary Hospitals (Heimatpferdelazaretten), which counted with a central hospital, a recovery’s detachment, an isolation’s pavilion. Besides, it was equiped with X-ray device, dental station and equipment for checking the horses’heart.
Once recovered the horses were sent towards the combat area mainly through the veterianry companies. Those unfit were given back to the government.
Source: Prof. Dr. Hans Jöchle (1892-1968) - Ein Leben für den Hufbeschlag
Quellen und Materialien zur Geschichte der Tierärztlichen Fakultät der Universität München. Stefanie Albrecht.http://www.bundesarchiv.de/aktuelles/au
Cheers. Raúl M
Serás lo que debas ser o no serás nada. General José de San Martín.