der Spiess Reporting pouch

German Heer 1935-1945.

Moderator: John W. Howard

pzrwest

der Spiess Reporting pouch

Post by pzrwest »

I'm looking for detail pics of the pouch or wallet that a der Spiess has tucked into the front of their tunics. The type I'm looking for is like the one you see the guy useing in the movie The Great Escape when he questions Ives after finding Ives hidden in the back of the truck under the brush. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Just watched it, its not a pouch, it's a leather-backed soft book with a "wrapround" flap, like a missionary's "travelling bible" sort of thing.
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
Christoph Awender
Patron

Post by Christoph Awender »

These were mainly privately purchased small calendars, notebooks etc... not a standard Wehrmacht "Spiess" notebook. In my collection I have several different of such notebooks all looking different in size and type.

\Christoph
grossmacht

Re: der Spiess Reporting pouch

Post by grossmacht »

look for a moleskin notebook..they've been around since the early 1900's and were all over europe at the time.
You can buy all different types of new ones at just about any new book store and even online...
http://www.moleskineus.com/moleskine-about.html