Field Marshal Walther Model? Nazi Wehrmacht Funeral

A place to post photographs and to ask about photographic research.

Moderator: sniper1shot

matthewdenn
Supporter

Field Marshal Walther Model? Nazi Wehrmacht Funeral

Post by matthewdenn »

Since I'm too lazy to retype a description, here is a description from my Youtube video for this series of pictures that I would like to share with Feldgrau.

"Rare never before released footage of what I believe to be Field Marshal Walther Model attending a Nazi Wehrmacht funeral in France in 1944. The film's negatives were captured by Technical Sergeant Richard Schuster of the 6th Armored Division, 146th Armed Signal Company. (My grandfather) These pictures are the digitalized versions of the actual black and white negatives."

I had the pictures transferred to a CD and the images are scaled down to 1.5 MB each or less. If you would like higher resolution images, feel free to email me. I would also appreciate any feedback from the community regarding the location of these photographs and the identity of the Field Marshal. I believe that it is Field Marshal Walther Model but I am not certain.

I will try to upload some more photographs from my grandfather's WW2 collection ASAP. I also have some VERY interesting pictures of captured NAZI B-17s sitting on a runway in the area of Aschaffenburg, Germany which I will try to upload to Feldgrau in a new forum post at a later date.

Please do not use these photographs without my permission.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZgeu6AKLWw

matthewdenn
Supporter

Generalfeldmarschall Hugo Sperrle of the Luftwaffe!!!!!!!!!!

Post by matthewdenn »

I just recently found out that the field marshal's baton in this photograph is what is referred to an "interim field marshal's baton." The "interim field marshal's baton" was the baton that was used by field marshals for everyday usage and is the informal version of their formal field marshal batons evidently. The exact shape of this particular interim field marshal's baton fits that of Generalfeldmarschall Hugo Sperrle of the Luftwaffe, so I believe that this is either Generalfeldmarschall Hugo Sperrle or it is a field marshal who has the exact same style and shape of field marshal interim baton as him.
sniper1shot

Re: Field Marshal Walther Model? Nazi Wehrmacht Funeral

Post by sniper1shot »

Awesome. Love seeing new pics come to light.
Thanks.
Only he is lost who gives himself up as lost.
mightythor99
Enthusiast

Post by mightythor99 »

all intrim batons look like intrim batons................ til you get up close. then they have luft eagles on em for luft field marshals,..........army eagles for army field marshals..........etc.
the parade batons are colored,...........red = army, blue = navy, in velvet.
(with appropriate eagles too).
I am interested in buying / trading for photo albums, photo groupings, diaries, feldpost groupings,etc, from any country in the world, any army/navy, etc, mostly 20th century!!
6ermann

Post by 6ermann »

These Wehrmacht Funeral Photographs are not GFM Model, but Generalfeldmarschall von Brauchitsch, CoC Army.
LDC

Post by LDC »

Ich bin neu hier, ich genoss Ihre Post, hat den Staffelstab haben keine wirkliche andere Verwendung als Dekoration?
Danke, Larry