Tiger / Jagdtiger / Panzer books for sale

WWII era German related items being sought, sold or traded.
Dale
Supporter

Tiger / Jagdtiger / Panzer books for sale

Post by Dale »

I have the following books for sale -- I have included the publisher's description -- All are in excellent condition -- Shipping is $5.- per book (unless actual cost is less) -- Any questions, please ask ( [email protected] )

“Jagdtiger: The Most Powerful Armoured Fighting Vehicle of World War II: Volume 1: Technical History” by Andrew Devey
Almost brand new condition – small tear (repaired) on book jacket.
Book Description
This new two volume study of Germany's heaviest Jagdpanzer (tank destroyer) is the result of nearly twenty years of exhaustive research. Volume one, Technical History, presents a well-structured and highly detailed technical analysis of this complex tank destroyer. Using manufacturer's documentation, drawings, and photographs combined with Intelligence analysis, this work details the origin, design, construction and assembly of the vehicle. The armor, armaments, engine, transmission, suspension systems, electrical and optical equipment, together with the operation and maintenance procedures are included to complete this definitive analysis. 144 pages
($35.00)

“Jagdtiger: The Most Powerful Armoured Fighting Vehicle of World War II: Volume 2: Operational History” by Andrew Devey
Brand new condition.
Book Description
Volume two, Operational History, covers the training, transport, deployment and a month by month fighting account of the two Panzer Jager units equipped with Jagdtigers. Using original documentation and veteran accounts in the text; documents, maps and the wealth of striking photographs presented, dramatically illustrate the combat experiences of these unique weapons. Other planned deployments and training vehicles are covered, together with Intelligence reports and a detailed study of the three surviving examples. The author's own color artwork illustrating the camouflage systems used completes this definitive study of the Jagdtiger. 160 pages
($35.00)

“Tiger I: On the Western Front” by Jean Restayn
Brand new condition
The heavily armored Tiger I became the most famous German tank of World War II. The Tigers were originally intended to counter the heavy tanks of the Russian Front, and were assigned to specially created tank battalions. In 1944 Tiger units were rushed to Normandy and fought in all the major battles of the Western Front. Although they were superior to all the tanks of the Western allies, Tigers in the West faced the added danger of attack from the greatly superior British and American air forces.
Each Wehrmacht and Waffen-SS unit equipped with the Tiger I is covered in detail. Each unit's insignia and a representative vehicle with camouflage and markings is shown in color. The operational history of each unit, and in some cases individual vehicles, is described with the aid of 250 black and white photos, most of them never before published.
(25.00)

“Tiger I: On the Eastern Front” by Jean Restayn
Brand new condition
The Tiger tank endures today as the greatest legend of the German armored forces of World War II. Jean Restayn's text is backed up by 250 photographs, most of them never published before, and 50 color plates showing markings, insignia and camouflage schemes. Also included is a complete operational history and order of battle for all Eastern Front units, both Wehrmacht and Waffen-SS, who were equipped with the Tiger.
(25.00)

“Germany’s Tiger Tanks: VK45.02 to Tiger II: Design, Production & Modifications” by Thomas L. Jentz & Hilary L. Doyle
Brand new condition
Book Description
This new volume covers development from the VK 45.02(P), VK 45.03(H) to the modifications under design for the Tiger II at the end of the war. All of this illustrated with scale drawings by Hilary L. Doyle combined with drawings, sketches, and photographs depicting external modifications is well as internal views. Over twenty years of intensive research went into finding the original documents needed to create this new history on the development, characteristics, and tactical capabilities of the Tiger series. Tom Jentz has conducted an exhaustive search for suviving records of the design/assembly firms (including Henschel, Krupp, Nibelungenwerk, Porsche, and Wegmann), the Heeres-Waffenamt, the D656 series of manuals on the Tiger, and the war diaries and operations reports from the German units. The written records were supplemented by examining thousands of photos. On-sight research into almost all the surviving Tigers provided details that could only be obtained from actual specimens. New information was found on the evolution of the heavy tank series, the key decisons on the design of the Tigers, the significant modifications made during the production runs, production statistics, the Tigers characteristics and tactical capabilities, an exact accounting of the issue of the Tigers to the combat units, and combat account written directly after the actions. 176 pages
(50.00)

“Germany’s Tiger Tanks: Tiger I & II: Combat Tactics” by Thomas L. Jentz
Brand new condition
Book Description
This brand new volume covers the complete combat history of the Tigers I and II, and includes the operational characteristics, organization, tactics, issue to combat units operational strength reports, and after-action-accounts. Over twenty years of intensive research went into finding the original documents needed to create this new history on the development, characteristics, and tactical capabilities of the Tiger series. Tom Jentz has conducted an exhaustive search for surviving records of the design/assembly firms (including Henschel, Krupp, Nibelungenwerk, Porsche, and Wemann), the Heereswaffenamt, the D656 series of manuals on the Tiger, and the war diaries and operations reports from the German units. The written records were supplemented by examing thousands of photos. On-sight research into almost all the surviving Tigers provided details that could only be obtained from actual specimens. New information was found on the evolution of the heavy tank series, the key decisions on the design of the Tigers, the significant modifications made during the production runs, production statistics, the Tigers characteristics and tactical capabilities, an exact accounting of the issue of the Tigers to the combat units, and combat accounts written directly after the actions. 176 pages

(50.00)

“Germany’s Tiger Tanks Series: Tigers At The Front: A Photo Study” by Thomas L. Jentz
Book Description
Tiger ! - the very name that Allied troops feared. It came to symbolize the superiority of German tank design. This book has been created as a photo essay showing the best available and rare photographs of Tigers with units at the front. No tank that the Allies fielded in World War II was comparable to this combination of the 88mm gun with massive armor protection. Allied tankers didn't think that they stood a chance of defeating these formidable Tigers. They only hoped that these heavy tanks would breakdown, become immobilized in soft ground, or be damaged by lucky hits on vulnerable points. 208 pages
(20.00)

“Uniforms, Organization and History of the Panzertruppe” by Roger James Bender & Warren W. Odegard
Brand new condition
Lots of great details about the various panzer formations, their commanders, insignia and various other photos and graphics.
(40.00)

“Sturmgeschütze Vor !: Assault Guns to the Front !” by Franz Kurowski
Brand new condition
Hard cover, large format (9"x12"), 282 pages, 300+ black & white photographs, plus 16 pages of color artwork by Jean Restayn. A history of all of the Sturmgeschütz-Abteilung and -Brigaden of the German Army, using German unit diaries, where available. There are numerous appendicies, including a section on SS assault gun units. The photos feature numerous period shots of StuGs and also include portraits of all of the Knights Cross winners of the Sturmgeschütz forces. Where possible the unit insignias of the StuG units are illustrated. Many of the unit histories feature first-hand accounts.
(30.00)

** I also have an original version of "Chronik 507" -- the self-published German version made available to unit veterans. This is the history of Tiger abteilung 507.
If you are interested please e-mail me with your thoughts...The only version I have recently seen for sale was listed at over 300 Euros... So I welcome offers or examples for comparison of others for sale...

Dale