I never knew of this until today...

General WWII era German military discussion that doesn't fit someplace more specific.
Patrick
Enthusiast

Post by Patrick »

Luttow fought in German East Africa, not Southwest Africa.
Cheers,

Patrick

When I was single, I had three theories on raising children. Now I have three children and no theories.
Corvo

Post by Corvo »

You are right.

Sorry :oops: .

Greetings.
Jock
Associate

Post by Jock »

Hi,

Corvo, there's really still a street called Hermann Goering St.?!

Greenhorn, I'm ashamed to say that KZ entered the German language around then because the British invented the concentration camp during the Boer War. (a few years previous)

Lemming, If you are struggling to convince people that you are a die hard white supremacist, I find white sheets, a conical hat and a burning cross helps..... :?

Cheers,
Jock
Corvo

Post by Corvo »

Jock wrote:Hi,

Corvo, there's really still a street called Hermann Goering St.?!
Cheers,
Hi Jock.

I'm not sure if the street keep the name today (2004), i remember ( but i'm not sure) about a polemics for this in recent times. Most posible the street name is different now. But this was the name until the last 80', at least.

Greetings.
greenhorn
Contributor

Post by greenhorn »

Jock fair play to you, but fortunately the English or British can't claim to have invented KZs..... but TVs, railways, jet engines, tanks, radar, computers, metal decked ACs.... etc....okay.

I believe our Spanish cousins beat us to it in Cuba 1895....

http://www.worldlymind.org/garcia.htm also includes a mention of US activities in Philipines...
1899 http://www.boondocksnet.com/ai/ailtexts/massmtg.html.

We should come to an understanding that these KZs were not extermination camps per say. The objective was to concentrate populations, not annihilate them.

You might like to consider the US prior claim, with their BoIA and reservations....http://www.sonic.net/~buscador/removals.htm
Banzai!
Jock
Associate

Post by Jock »

Hi Greenhorn,

I didn't know all that, thanks, very interesting reading. I had always heard it was the Brits who pioneered it, but you learn something new every day :D

And by the way, Scotland invented the TV...And the rubber tyre, pennicillin, the telephone and....and....Haggis!

I really should have said English...You know, like when a Scottish criminal commits a crime, then he goes and wins a gold at the Olympics, he becomes British

:wink:

Cheers,
Jock
Anti-lemming

Post by Anti-lemming »

Jock wrote:Lemming, If you are struggling to convince people that you are a die hard white supremacist, I find white sheets, a conical hat and a burning cross helps..... :?
First, it is Anti-lemming. I think I am one of the few people in society who knows very little of what it is like to be a lemming. I do not blindly ignore the manifest truth that the victor writes history and almost always has an agenda when doing so, I do not think that an idea or school of thought is correct just because I was taught it in school or because most other people profess it. But I'm sure it doesn't bother people here when they consider that their professed views are in line with what the American media/entertainment industry tells them to think. I am sure they would swear up and down that it is purely coincidental that they think the same way the American media/entertainment industry tells the American public to think. :D

Second, I am not fond of the type that you alluded to. They are Christian, and I dislike the origins of Christianity.
greenhorn
Contributor

Post by greenhorn »

Quite right Jock...

I'm very proud of the British " Thin Red Line" in the Crimea, Royal Scotch Greys, the fine British invention "Whiskey"........

British "Highland" regiments have fought across the globe........
British shipyards built the basis of Empire on the Clyde and in Belfast....
Banzai!
Jock
Associate

Post by Jock »

Greenhorn - I've been up for 30 hours, and that still got a hearty laugh - touche :D

Lemming - Nuff said.

Corvo - It wouldn't surprise me if there was...It would surprise me a little more if he actually lived at Number 153, Hermann Goering Street. (Strasse, Allee?)

:D

Cheers,
Jock
Patrick
Enthusiast

Post by Patrick »

The street name still exists, the department of Women's Affairs is located there. However, the street is named after his father, Heinrich, who was the first imperial commissioner of German Southwest Africa / Namibia.

http://www.namibweb.com/wo.htm
Cheers,

Patrick

When I was single, I had three theories on raising children. Now I have three children and no theories.
Anti-lemming

Post by Anti-lemming »

Jock wrote:I really should have said English...You know, like when a Scottish criminal commits a crime, then he goes and wins a gold at the Olympics, he becomes British

:shock:

Since the historical kingdoms of England, Wales, and Scotland are located on the island of Britain, that would make English people, Welsh people, and Scottish people, all British people.
Jock
Associate

Post by Jock »

Lemming,

Does that mean everyone in North/Central/South America is the same? They are all one island after all. (If anyone mentions the Panama Canal...*shakes fist*)

Scottish, English, Irish and Welsh people are all very distinct peoples, with very different history's. For example Lemming, the people who make up a majority of Scotland now, we came over from Ireland in 500ad...Doesn't that make us Irish?

A nation of people is made up from the history that those people have shared, and been moulded through. If you want to start an argument about Scottish idendity, and Scottish history, please, do.

*rubs hands together*

Patrick - thanks for finding that...Whats with the anglicised spelling of his name though?

Cheers,
Jock
Patrick
Enthusiast

Post by Patrick »

Patrick - thanks for finding that...Whats with the anglicised spelling of his name though?

I wondered about that. Following WWI, German Southwest Africa was made a mandate of South Africa by the League of Nations. Perhaps it was a result of that influence?
Cheers,

Patrick

Anti-lemming

Post by Anti-lemming »

Jack, here is the bottomline: "Britain" refers to an island, and any inhabitant of that island is British. Go to dictionary.com and look up "Britain" if you don't believe me.
Jock
Associate

Post by Jock »

Jack....*sniggers*

Anyway Lemming,

Did I claim we were not an island? Did I say that we all dont live on the island of Britain? Does that make us all British? No.

We already established this argument will get you nowhere. Like I said, If you want me to take you seriously, actually do some research, instead of spouting paragraphs from dictionary.com, for christs sake.

Finally Lemming, Why do we have our own parliament, international sports teams, a national anthem, flag, money (in some cases), and, a history stretching back 10 times longer than the US?

Because we are a nation. A nation that was never conquered, a nation with a proud, rich history, and a nation I am honoured to belong to.

And when, within the next 10 years, we will be independant once more, It will hopefully shut up clueless people like yourself, who argue about a subject they have no idea about.

Cheers,
Jock