Battlefield 1942..Surprised no-one's mentioned it.

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

MG42
Supporter

Battlefield 1942..Surprised no-one's mentioned it.

Post by MG42 »

Hi Guys,
Well My online gaming life (and probably my real life (tm) ) has changed forever and it's all down to one game title - Battlefield 1942

Never in my life have I played a game that excites me, scares me, stresses me, thrills me, makes my heart pound with fear and tension.....hehe..I'm sure I'm even suffering from shell shock (no offence to anyone who actually has).

Anyone else playing/played it yet??

I fought intense street skirmishes against Russians in Stalingrad and Berlin, I've liberated villages in the Bocage. I've hunted the forests of Kharkov in a Tiger. I've manned the beachfront bunkers at Omaha. I've landed a full crew on the beaches of Omaha (playing as a GI).

For me the street fighting in Stalingrad and Berlin is the most intense..it's absolutely awe inspiring when you and another 16 Germans are stalking an equally determined 16 Russians.

This is an intensely incredible game that has given me an unforgetable experience. Forget ww2online..this is the game to end all games and this comes from a 32 y.o. whose wife is probably filing for divorce real soon :)

So if you haven't tried Battlefield 1942 yet I really urge you to. One word of warning though you need a pretty high end system and a graphics card that supports Hardware T&L (Transform & Lighting) feature. There are some issues with bugs etc.. but EA/Dice are right behind making this game watertight and I'm sure they will.

Kindest
MG42
See You on the Battlefield
charlie don't surf
Associate

Post by charlie don't surf »

Yes, I enjoy playing the game at times. I'm just so frustrated over the historical inaccuracy-i.e. japanese soldiers with kubelwagens and sturmgewehrs. Still, it's a great game and i like the way that you are cooperating to achieve your objectives.

regards
MG42
Supporter

Post by MG42 »

Charlie I agree that there is issues with historical inaccuracies but remember it's new and when the technojunkies get a grip of the editors I'm sure we'll see a lot of the inacurracies being replaced.

Can't Wait

:)
Simon Orchard
Supporter

Post by Simon Orchard »

you won't. It's CS a la WW2. It's not supposed to be historical or acurate. One for the Sn1Pr d00dz.If you like it then great!

Charlie, if it's cooperation you want then come on over and join the 116th Pz.Div at http://www.windhund.org . A great wwiionline squad.
charlie don't surf
Associate

Post by charlie don't surf »

Nah, I don't know. I don't even own that game and haven't played it. I'm quite keen about graphical parts of games so you have to convince me a bit further. What's the game like?

regards
mikerock
Contributor

Post by mikerock »

I played the Demo a lot, and was left with the impression that this game could have been great, BUT... there were so problems that they failed to address.

My biggest concern was that the netcode was so bad. 80% of the servers I used were laggy as hell, and I have been told by friends who bought the game, that this problem was not addressed. I think they just attempted to do too much in this game.

--Mike