Historical graphic novel on Stalingrad

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Kucirek

Historical graphic novel on Stalingrad

Post by Kucirek »

Hello,

I’m currently researching for a historical graphic novel about the battle of Stalingrad, which I’m also writing the manuscript for. I have no illusions about the vastness of this task, but years of interest in the battle has given me a headstart.
In the world of ideas the story will be in four volumes, but the effects of the impact on reality remains to be seen. However, staying in dream world for a while each volume will cover a different period of the battle advancing the story chronologically and will also concentrate on a different group of principal characters. The first volume ”Rattenkrieg” will be based around a section light machinegun team, following them from the cheerful months of the German summeroffensive of 1942 to the damp and dirty days of bitter fighting beneath the ruins of Stalingrad.
I have opened some topics under the Heer Forum. I have allready received help on some questions for which I am very thankful and I will continue to post questions there as I encounter them in my research.

Kucirek
MG42
Supporter

Post by MG42 »

Hi Kucirek,
Sounds highly ambitous..your not wrong there. That said when you pull this one off it should make for a remarkably interesting read. Are you planning on creating an associated website so we can check progress or are you just planning on utilizing Feldgrau as your progress portal (for want of a better phrase)
Good Luck
MG
Kucirek

Online comic

Post by Kucirek »

Hi "Hitlersaw",

Actually, I'm planning to "publish" the graphic novel as an online comic as this allows me to bypass all the obstacles connected with publishing a comic the normal way.
However, this is technical stuff and a little out of my league. But anytime soon, hopefully anyway, my illustrator will begin laying down the construction slabs for a page. We will then post the graphic novels in episodes so that it can be read as we go by.

Kucirek