Why would someone DO this???

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Rolf Steiner
Associate

Why would someone DO this???

Post by Rolf Steiner »

Ah well, it made me laugh anyway. I don't want to hear any whining about uniform or equipment bloopers ok??

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawk914/2159973655/
"And I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow!"
Me-109 Jagdfleiger
Supporter

Re: Why would someone DO this???

Post by Me-109 Jagdfleiger »

LMAO My favorite book from childhood :wink:
ghp95134
Supporter

Post by ghp95134 »

That was gloriously evil ... I loved it! Please DO correct for proper nomenclatures!! Is that supposed to be a T-34 -- it has 5 road wheels with a gap between wheels #2 and #3?
...Why it was Ivan McGregor in a T-34 tank with a transversable 76.2 mm FM-34 howitzer with one spherical hull-mounted 7.62 mm DT machine gun, and a 7.62 DG machine gun coaxially mounted on the turret! ...

...Whooomph! Ka-Woooommmbbbb! The AT round from the Panzerschrek slammed square into the cowling of the T-34's 12-cyl. diesel model V-2 500 hp engines, sending fuel cascading everywhere!...
And isn't Peter using a panzerschrek instead of a panzerfaust? And please change Scmeisser [sic] to MP-40.

Can you give Peter a camouflaged smock? [just asking!]

Cheers!
--Guy
Rolf Steiner
Associate

Post by Rolf Steiner »

There's something oddly amusing about the malicious vandalism of childhood icons, not sure why... doesn't this have its precedent in an allied propaganda version of 'Struwelpeter'? 'Nothing brittler... than shock-headed Hitler'...

Honorable mention should also go to the Comic Strip's 'Five Go Mad In Dorset', which made cruel, cruel fun of the works of Enid Blyton... odd now to think the likes of Dawn French were the cutting edge of Brit comedy, but there you go.
"And I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow!"