Eichmann - the film.

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Cott Tiger
Associate

Eichmann - the film.

Post by Cott Tiger »

Hi Folks,

Has anybody seen the film Eichmann (released July 2008).

It’s apparently a film based upon the final confession of Adolf Eichmann, made before his execution in Israe. Thomas Kretschmann (out of Der Untergang, U-571 and The Pianist) takes the leading role and interestingly the British actor/comedian/writer Stephen Fry stars also.

I’d never heard of it until I stumbled across it down the DVD store tonight. Unfortunately my lovely wife steadfastly refused to let me rent it for this evenings viewing, so I’ll have to wait for an evening when she’s out!!!!!

Has anyone seen it? Any recommendations?

Cheers,

André
Up The Tigers!
euclid

Re: Eichmann - the film.

Post by euclid »

If it was released in July this year and is already available as a video rental, doesn't that mean that the film is a flop in the cinemas?

I never heard of it. My wife never heard of it.

I'd like to see it, though.

:D
phylo_roadking
Patron

Post by phylo_roadking »

Nope - I think the figure now is sitting at 80% for the number of films that go "straight to video", whatever the moedern term for VHS/DVD/download is. A grwoing percentage of that is in turn made specifically for television release rather than cinema.
"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." - Malcolm Reynolds
hucks216
Contributor

Post by hucks216 »

euclid wrote:If it was released in July this year and is already available as a video rental, doesn't that mean that the film is a flop in the cinemas?

I never heard of it. My wife never heard of it.

I'd like to see it, though.

:D
Conspiracy was a made-for-tv film/drama and look how good that was. I wonder if Eichmann can match that? I have just checked and it is on pre-order on Amazon with a 10th November release for £7.50. The one review gives it 4 starts out of 5.