WW II research internship

Fiction, movies, alternate history, humor, and other non-research topics related to WWII.

Moderator: Commissar D, the Evil

Bert S.

WW II research internship

Post by Bert S. »

Greetings all,

I am a game designer working with Muzzy Lane, a small company in Massachussets which creates history-based computer games for use in teaching history and by serious history gamers.

I have been a visitor to Feldgrau in the past as it's a great source of knowledge, thanks to you all.

At the moment, we have a summer research internship open, and I thought folks here might have some ideas. It's got to be "on-site" so it only works for folks who live around eastern Massachussets. (Note: I hope I've got this in the right area of the forum -- please move if needed!)

The description of the internship is below. Anyone interested can send an email and resume etc. to [email protected]. There's more about us and our game at http://www.muzzylane.com and http://www.making-history.com.

thanks all -- Bert. The description follows.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Muzzy Lane Software has Internship available for WWII Content Developer

The position:

A paid summer internship as a WWII Content Developer, crafting game data for a new release of our historic strategy game “Making History: The Calm & the Storm”. The internship will start in June and continuing through the end of August. Pay will vary based on experience.

Responsibilities:

Craft and input content for historical simulation game focussed on WWII. Content to be created will include formations, size and locations of military forces, industrial and resource production facilities, and more.
Work with existing research, and do additional research where required.
Balance the content through playtesting and working with game designers and engineering
Manage own projects with light supervision.

Desired Qualifications:

Strong interest and expertise in WWII (especially military history)
Strong interest and experience playing computer strategy games and board games.
Ability to work with spreadsheets and other scenario editing tools to enter and modify game data and objects. Experience modding games will be helpful
Attention to detail and ability to work independently
Experience working with engineering or production teams.

About Making History: The Calm and the Storm

Making History: The Calm and the Storm v.1.1 is a strategy game which lets you explore the causes and consequences of World War II. The game puts players in the role of a head of state, leading a struggling nation through challenges based on real historic events and data. You must make policy decisions related to diplomacy, economy, domestic policy and military strategy, to influence the outcome of key historical events.
The game is designed for use by anyone interested in exploring history through a good strategy game, and also contains features to enable the game’s use in high school and college education, both in and out of the classroom. The game can be played in single-player and multi-player modes.

About Muzzy Lane Software:

Muzzy Lane is an independent software developer and publisher
located by the water in the historic seaport of Newburyport, MA.
Bert S.

sorry this is in wrong place..

Post by Bert S. »

I definitely posted this in the wrong spot :? -- but I'm not sure where the right spot should be, and I'm not sure I could move it. Apologies to moderators -- please do move to wherever is appropriate.

-Bert
derGespenst
Associate

Post by derGespenst »

How about a 50+? Man, I wish I weren't working anymore - I'd love to do this. And in Newburyport, that's a bonus!
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

If I don't forget, there are already several of these WWII grand strategy country games, such as Hearts of Iron II. But who cares, if this game's graphics are better. :D
Sani116

Re: WW II research internship

Post by Sani116 »

Bert S. wrote:Greetings all,

I am a game designer working with Muzzy Lane, a small company in Massachussets which creates history-based computer games for use in teaching history and by serious history gamers.

I have been a visitor to Feldgrau in the past as it's a great source of knowledge, thanks to you all.

At the moment, we have a summer research internship open, and I thought folks here might have some ideas. It's got to be "on-site" so it only works for folks who live around eastern Massachussets. (Note: I hope I've got this in the right area of the forum -- please move if needed!)

The description of the internship is below. Anyone interested can send an email and resume etc. to [email protected]. There's more about us and our game at http://www.muzzylane.com and http://www.making-history.com.

thanks all -- Bert. The description follows.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Muzzy Lane Software has Internship available for WWII Content Developer

The position:

A paid summer internship as a WWII Content Developer, crafting game data for a new release of our historic strategy game “Making History: The Calm & the Storm”. The internship will start in June and continuing through the end of August. Pay will vary based on experience.

Responsibilities:

Craft and input content for historical simulation game focussed on WWII. Content to be created will include formations, size and locations of military forces, industrial and resource production facilities, and more.
Work with existing research, and do additional research where required.
Balance the content through playtesting and working with game designers and engineering
Manage own projects with light supervision.

Desired Qualifications:

Strong interest and expertise in WWII (especially military history)
Strong interest and experience playing computer strategy games and board games.
Ability to work with spreadsheets and other scenario editing tools to enter and modify game data and objects. Experience modding games will be helpful
Attention to detail and ability to work independently
Experience working with engineering or production teams.

About Making History: The Calm and the Storm

Making History: The Calm and the Storm v.1.1 is a strategy game which lets you explore the causes and consequences of World War II. The game puts players in the role of a head of state, leading a struggling nation through challenges based on real historic events and data. You must make policy decisions related to diplomacy, economy, domestic policy and military strategy, to influence the outcome of key historical events.
The game is designed for use by anyone interested in exploring history through a good strategy game, and also contains features to enable the game’s use in high school and college education, both in and out of the classroom. The game can be played in single-player and multi-player modes.

About Muzzy Lane Software:

Muzzy Lane is an independent software developer and publisher
located by the water in the historic seaport of Newburyport, MA.
Its a shame I dont live in America, but I am already "working" with Frantic Games as a "historical content developer" - or researcher as we call it. Perhaps you could drop by our site? http://www.1944game.com It would be interesting to see about possibly joining forces or sharing developers in the future?

Cheers
Tom Stewart.
Der püppchen
sniper1shot

Post by sniper1shot »

Moved to appropriate forum.
Only he is lost who gives himself up as lost.