Slovenes in W-SS

Foreign volunteers, collaboration and Axis Allies 1939-1945.

Moderator: George Lepre

Dejan
Banned

Post by Dejan »

Foreigners in Waffen SS (Balkans and Centr. Europe)

Slovenians 6,000
Albanians 4,000
Serbs 4,000
Bosnians 20,000
Greeks 1,000
Czech 5,000
Hungarians 40,000
Bulgarians 3,000
Rumanians 5,000
Waffen-SS until the end of war created all together 38 divisions, 18 of which were staffed by pure German and 20 by foreigners, claims the French magazine "Istoria" (Number 32, year 1973.).
:?
Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of our liberty
Dragon

Re: Slovenes in W-SS

Post by Dragon »

About 2 executed Unterführer's from 11. SS-FE-Btl. in Slovenia. Their names are Alex Kristiansen and Walter Boehl (or Böhl). They were executed on 14.10.1944. The two NOV-officers, who interogated them, were Ivan Sirnik (partisan name Mirko; he was a squad-leader of intelligence-platoon of Lackov odred) and Mirko Tretjak (partisan name Romi).

Regards,
Kocjo
As a family member I have tried for several years to find informations about Walther Bøhl`s dead and as a new member in this forum I would like see if I can find informations what happened to him and where he is burries. I have written the the museum who have informations about his trial but without any response from them.
Best regards
Svend