Images of 6-rad Landsverk L-181/180 and DAF M39

German weapons, vehicles and equipment 1919-1945.

Moderator: sniper1shot

Landsverk180

Images of 6-rad Landsverk L-181/180 and DAF M39

Post by Landsverk180 »

Hello!

I am wondering if there is anyone working on the history of the vehicles in German service?
I am aware that Werner Regenberg previously published little pieces about it, but nowadays only buys photos on eBay - when not outmatched by the joint forces of Archive of Modern conflict.

There are well known photos of both Landsverks and DAFs in the WH 227. Infanterie Division from May 1940 up to winter of 1941/42. But these vehicles were used by more units. Has anyone been able to identify any of the other user units?

I do have a couple of expensive, crisp and unpublished original photos myself which I am willing to share with the right individual working on a project including these vehicles. Why keep a few nice corner stones in my own shelf when it could be shared with thousands of others with similar interest!?

DAF M.39 should have been used by at least 1 more German Infanterie Division, and the Landsverks from the Dutch army were used in several ways - both by regular Infanterie Divisions, Ordnungspolizei, but also by the Luftwaffe as tractor(?) and by the SS regiment in 1940 (without its turret) for training drivers for the SdKfz 231 (using same/very similar chassis).

The Landsverks and DAFs saw extensive service in Holland, Belgium, France, Baltic states and the Leningrad front.