SdKfz 252 question

German weapons, vehicles and equipment 1919-1945.

Moderator: sniper1shot

magtom

SdKfz 252 question

Post by magtom »

Any body know, how many ammunition can load on board SdKfz 252? I can't find this information.
I have plan this vechicles, but I don't trust it. In my opinion can load 24 bullets (75mm) for 7,5cm StuK 37 L/24. But I hardly know it is true.

Mayby some one have photos with interior SdKfz 252?

magtom.
Commissar D, the Evil

Post by Commissar D, the Evil »

This is an oddly difficult question to find an answer to magtom. The Sd. Anh. 32 Trailer held 49 rounds and I have a picture of the trailer and the Sd.Kfz. 252 with the caption:

"A Sonderfahrzeug 252 with an Sd. Anh. 32 (trailer). The usefull load was 200 rounds of 7.5 cmammunition with packing".

That's the best I could come up with, so you asked a difficult question.

Very best,
David
Death is lighter than a Feather, Duty is heavier than a Mountain....
Paulus II
Patron

Post by Paulus II »

This has indeed turned out to be a difficult question. I have 7 books that deal with all sorts of German halftracks and in all of them the SdKfz 252 is mentioned but details (other than the ones mentioned by David) are absent. On most variants of halftracks many pictures of the interior are provided but again not for the 252.
I'll keep on looking but don't really expect to something more :(

Cheers,

Paul
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

I think I've seen one photo showing the interior of a 252, but that was an oblique shot, and not very good at that. Don't bother asking where I saw it, it's been a while...

Somebody (Verlinden?) has a conversion kit to make a 252 out of a 250 (or was it a 251?) that might be of assistance. You'd be ahead of where you are now! :?
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
5RANGLIAN
Contributor

Post by 5RANGLIAN »

There is an oblique shot of the interior of a 252 (Bundesarchiv 84/3416/16) in Bruce Quarries' 'Panzers in Russia 1943-1945'. I bought my copy in January 1980, but you may find one somewhere.

This one has cartridge cases, stored base upwards, which look like they're for a 105 (steel? about the length of a man's head). I can count 14, but can only see about 1/3-1/4 of the interior. The picture's taken in winter, so the vehicle is whitewashed, with the interior of the doors panzergrau. There's a wooden box on top of the vehicle, with spring clips and carrying handles either side, and a scruffy, cold and hungry soldier next to it.

As the photo was presumably taken in '43 or '44, and they stopped building the 252 long before then, any vehicle from around the second half of the war would be modified and/or well battered, so if you wanted to make a model you would have a bit of freedom, I guess. I can't imagine that many of the trailers would have made it to '44, either. The photo is too cropped to show the attachment.

Hope this is useful.
magtom

Post by magtom »

Tanks all. But I have some inaccurate.
Commissar D, the Evil wrote:The Sd. Anh. 32 Trailer held 49 rounds ...
Everywhere write about Sd.Ah.32, write only it was load 36 rounds but I find two photos which see 64 rounds.

and
photos from Ground Power 4 (9.1994) - WWII German Military Vehicles 2.
Commissar D, the Evil wrote: "A Sonderfahrzeug 252 with an Sd. Anh. 32 (trailer). The usefull load was 200 rounds of 7.5 cm ammunition with packing".
Mayby was load 200 round, on the roof in wooden boxes and where was possible. Write about this 5RANGLIAN.
So but how many rounds can load SdKfz 252 on board?

Tom - very good conversion have Hussar but only body (his trailer have 36 hole for rounds) or Plusmodel only trailer (49 hole).

I trying write little monograph about this vehilce. I have many materiale but I can find picture and plan interior.
I have another problem with picture or plan engine (TRKM 42).

Regard
magtom
tigre
Patron

Re: SdKfz 252 question

Post by tigre »

Hello to all :D; just a little complement......................

Sd.Kfz. 252 – Leichter gepanzerter Munitionstransportkraftwagen.

Source: http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/s ... hp?t=97555

Cheers. Raúl M 8).
Attachments
A pair of Sd.Kfz. 252 – Leichter gepanzerter Munitionstransportkraftwagen of the Stug Abt 210 in Barbarroja 1941; in the background a disabled Soviet light tank T-26....................................
A pair of Sd.Kfz. 252 – Leichter gepanzerter Munitionstransportkraftwagen of the Stug Abt 210 in Barbarroja 1941; in the background a disabled Soviet light tank T-26....................................
image008.png (365.3 KiB) Viewed 3342 times
Serás lo que debas ser o no serás nada. General José de San Martín.