6.SS-TK, Prague

German SS and Waffen-SS 1923-1945.
Tom Houlihan
Patron

6.SS-TK, Prague

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Does anyone happen to have any specific knowledge of what SS-Totenkopfstandarte 6 would have actually been doing while they were garrisoned in Prague? I'm sure they had some standard guard duties, and I understand normal barracks duties, but what were they guarding? Were there other SS facilities in Prague at the time I don't know about? Were they simply a 'presence?'

Thanks!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
RJH57

Re: 6.SS-TK, Prague

Post by RJH57 »

Tom Houlihan wrote:Were there other SS facilities in Prague at the time I don't know about?
I think there was a Waffen-SS field hospital ("Lazarett') in Prague and also in the Czech city of Olmutz. My Dad (2 Coy, I Btn, SS-Panzergrenadier Rgt 1, "LAH") was sent there after being wounded in Greece, 1941. He is second from the right.
Pop_03.jpg
Pop_03.jpg (62 KiB) Viewed 4135 times
Tom Houlihan
Patron

Post by Tom Houlihan »

Danke! That is good to know about the Lazarett, but you made me realize I wasn't specific enough.

I'm researching 6.SS-TK prior to 1940. They were stationed in Prague, but I haven't been able to figure out what they were guarding!

Good information, though!
TLH3
www.mapsatwar.us
Feldgrau für alle und alle für Feldgrau!
JEROME Georges
Supporter

Post by JEROME Georges »

Hello,

TK Standarte was used to guard official non military buildings, also for security matters alongside orpo battalions.

Georges
JEROME Georges
Supporter

Post by JEROME Georges »

Bernhard voss former c.o. of TK Standarte 6 was sentenced to death and hanged for the shooting of czech studients at ruzin near prag on16 november 39

Georges