SS-Sturmbannführer Erich-Günter Schulze of the Wiking"

German SS and Waffen-SS 1923-1945.
panzermahn
Associate

Re: SS-Sturmbannführer Erich-Günter Schulze of the Wiking"

Post by panzermahn »

John P. Moore wrote:Schulze in the center holding his Führerdegen as adjutant of the SS signal school at a swearing in ceremony in November 1940. The Sturmbannführer in the top center is the later Standartenführer Hans Loh, the school commander.
Schulze-&-Loh---1940.jpg
Hi John

Thanks for the interesting photos and anecdotes. Regarding this photo, it is quite interesting that even at this early year of the war, the SS-VT (correct me if I am wrong, the official designation of the Waffen SS did not appear until the Battle of France) personnel were wearing Stalhelm without the Nazi party flag on the left side of the helmet. Maybe because of supply issues

Regards
Panzermahn
Sebastian Schulze

Post by Sebastian Schulze »

Hi John,

nice to read about my Grandfather.

It's very interesting for me becouse he hadn't talked mutch about the War and his live.
I will show if I have some Pictures, too

Thank you for posting so mutch.

Sebastian
Sebastian Schulze

Post by Sebastian Schulze »

Here you can see two other pictures of my Grandfather.

The first one is at the golden wedding of my Gandfather and Grandmother in 2003.

And the secound one is after a nord German tradition called "Grünkohl Wanderung" in 2002.
It's not as exciting as it sounds, a group of people (friends, family, ...) take a walk (2 or 3 miles) and after this you eat green cabbage ("Grünkohl" in german) and sausages, but the journey is the reward.

I'm sorry my englisch isn't that well.

Sebastian
Attachments
golden wedding 2003
golden wedding 2003
Goldene Hochzeit_2003.JPG (187.95 KiB) Viewed 2505 times
January 2002
January 2002
Januar_2002.JPG (190.83 KiB) Viewed 2505 times
John P. Moore
Author & Moderator

Post by John P. Moore »

Sebastian - Thank you for taking the time to comment about your grandfather here. Thank you also for posting the photos. The last time that I saw your grandfather was in September 2003 at a Treffen in Gersfeld-Rhön during a joint reunion of the Fernsprechkpompanie "Wiking" and the SS-Nachrichtenkameradschaft. He was a very kind man.
John