EK.2 AWARD TO SCHELLBOOT SAILOR

German Kriegsmarine 1935-1945.
dpast32

EK.2 AWARD TO SCHELLBOOT SAILOR

Post by dpast32 »

Hello Folks, I'm attempting to research an EK.2 Award to a Kreigsmarine MASCHINENOBERGEFREITEN named HERBERT GOBEL, O.14661/41T, dated 28 JUNI 1944. It is authorized & signed by; KAPITAN ZUR SEE / FUHRER DER SCHNELLBOOT. When I first obtained it, I thought that perhaps the listed number might be a unit code or designation. But, after some input from from a fellow collector, I was advised that the number was the recipient's KM Service Number, & had nothing to do with his assigned unit. Well, that lack of a unit assignment really goes a long way towards preventing my success in documenting this particular EK.2. I'm reasonably certain that there's an interesting story behind this award, as the KM's E-Boats were very active up to & after the D-Day landings along the Normandy Coast. However, I may be totally off base on the location, as there were many E-Boats operating all along the Baltic Coast & adjacent areas. Well anyway, it should prove to be an interesting story, one way or another. So, if anyone thinks that they might be able tobassist me in researching this particular EK.2, I will DEEPLY APPRECIATE hearing from them. No matter how trivial the information may appear, I'll be happy to get it. THANK YOU

Best regards & Happy Holidays, Dom Pastore Jr. ( [email protected] )